+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Game of Thrones

Back tonight bitches!

Sky Atlantic are doing a simulcast with the USA, so it'll be screened over here at 2am. Not that I'll be up to watch it, but still can record it for when I finish work.

Looking forward to it.

re: Game of Thrones

I had a panic attack till i read properly.
    End of series three showing at 9 tonight.
    I think i will be watching the recording too Jim.

I usually enjoy the book more than the film but in this case it's the other way round. The books are brilliant but very complicated and long-winded and jump around to the extent you need total recall to absorb and remember it all.

Haven't got Sky Atlantic so only been able to see one or two episodes but they are much easier to follow. Should imagine it is a screenplay writer's nightmare sifting through all of the info in the books and developing a coherent storyline from it all. From what I have seen they appear to have done a great job though.

Number one on the birthday list is the dvd box set.

I will have to read all 7 books again, so much to miss.Brilliant stuff from GRRM and the people who bring his books to life.

Cheers for the heads up Jim. Is it just a one off or will it be at that time every week?

Every week Pents, I believe.

I agree with you to a degree Corkhead, the books are very complex at times with so many minor characters but there are some parts in the books which are better, like the Battle of Blackwater.

Below is a link for the "Honest Trailer" of Game of Thrones. Well worth watching but there are SPOILERS for all three series! - view external link

Agreed Jim the books are amazing but I just wanted them to jog on a bit quicker. I felt about book 4 it was going nowhere and it turned into a bit of a mission to plough through to the end of 7. I think there is strong chance old Georgie could kark it before he has finished.

Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Pentridge
    Cheers for the heads up Jim. Is it just a one off or will it be at that time every week?
    I set my Shky Plush up for the series record at that time and it seemed happy to do it.

As an aside, the Missus and I are now working our way through Breaking Bad (currently halfway through series 2). I'm surprised how much she's enjoying it, kids were away yesterday so we did 4 episodes on the bounce. She never does that!!

Think I still prefer G of T though.

Pents - Seems like the 2am thing isn't happening again. My sky plus has reset itself to record on Sundays at 9pm...and this Sunday coming is the same flippin episode again. So do we have to wait 2 weeks for the 2nd episode?

Wasn't a strong one anyway, just a lot of setting up of things to come I'd say.

Looking forward to getting back into this indeed!

Been missing Khaleesi and her Dragons.

Yet to start on Breaking Bad properly.

Watched the 1st series before it went over to Netflix, now have Netflix.

Anyone been watching True Detective? 1 episode left.

Loved it.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)