+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Your football enjoyment so far

Your football enjoyment so far

Far from being disappointed with this division,I've enjoyed most matches. Most teams coming to Molineux haven't been walkovers having treated it as their Cup Final and raised their game and given us a few frights . So overall seen some decent football from both sides. OK easy to say when you're winning but not many games have been gimmes,they've been hard work.Also whilst not been away myself I'll bet the travelling supporters have had a decent time at the "little clubs" and banter with their fans.Better than the Greedy League show offs.Bit posher next season will it be as enjoyable?

re: Your football enjoyment so far

[quote="greystone16" and banter with their fans.Better than the Greedy League show offs.Bit posher next season will it be as enjoyable?[/quote]

I think next season will be enjoyable, even though I don't think we will be as successful. More of a team building and consolidation exercise I think.

Some good away day's there, a lot of good old fashioned traditional clubs in the Championship. And of course two games against Mad Mick's Ipswich town to look forward too.

I will enjoy it more as I'll be able to see more games next season if we're promoted. And the Championship is just a more exciting league for me as almost all the clubs are fairly even in size and quality. Much more competetive league from top to bottom than the Prem and one we're currently in.

A question for those who travel away to the games. Which away day are you most looking forward to next season?

A trip to Doncaster would do me, have a lot of good memories from working up there in the sixties and seventies.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF
    A question for those who travel away to the games. Which away day are you most looking forward to next season?

A trip to Doncaster would do me, have a lot of good memories from working up there in the sixties and seventies.

Leeds, Derby, Forest, Bournemouth, Charlton, Brentford to a few I'd love to see Millwall stay up and also Yeovil as I haven't been to Huish Park.

I've the enjoyed the experience this season and have found the games Wolves are expected to win in, ie Crawley, Stevenage and Shrewsbury, have been the toughest. Those teams have never let Wolves settle in the games and given as good as they've got.

The away travels this season that stand out have been MK Dons, Port Vale, Sheffield United, Brentford and PNE. Great days out and excellent support. The visits to places like Crawley and Stevenage brings it home to you what level Wolves find themselves at, and fully deserved as well. If promotion is confirmed, I'll look forward to going to the likes of Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday again.

I've always liked a trip down to London, so if Milwall and Charlton stay up they would be high on my list, also Orient if they made it.

I think the trip I'd most like to take next season would be to the Hawthorns tbh

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf
    I will enjoy it more as I'll be able to see more games next season if we're promoted. And the Championship is just a more exciting league for me as almost all the clubs are fairly even in size and quality. Much more competetive league from top to bottom than the Prem and one we're currently in.
    I was about to say the same. On one hand, it's been nice to wake up Saturday mornings, check the score without going "aw sh..!" On the other, I've seen maybe two games this season. Be nice to watch some of these young players everybody is talking about.

The Championship is the most interesting of the English leagues, isn't it? Good thing as we may be in it for the next few seasons.

Real clubs with real supporters, many with a lengthy tradition are what I get out of League One! Next year should be the same, only bigger crowds, more press coverage and more of a challenge to Jackett & Co. Bring it on!!!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)