+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bamford & Wisdom

Bamford & Wisdom

For me these two cannot play on the same side of the pitch as each other. Wisdom has shown this season that he is quality even if he does appear laid back, but with Bamford in front of him he seems to lack confidence going forward as he knows Bamford won't be there covering him like when Ward or Dawkins has been infront of him. Middlesbrough on Saturday had so much space down our right and go in behind our defence on a number of occasions.

I think it's no coincedence that Wisdom's performances have dropped since Bamford has been starting in front of him.

Bamford is a quality player in his own right but he is too lazy and very naive when it comes to defending, Millwall's goal at home being an example, Buxton said in the after match interview that the players were told that Millwall take those sort of short freekicks so Bamford should have been more alert. For me when Ward + Dawkins are back one of them should start ahead of Bamford who for me offers more from the bench than when start

re: Bamford & Wisdom

I couldn't agree more 1388. Said exactly the same on Saturday. Bamford is a good player in his own right, but he ain't a winger! Can't defend and doesn't track back, but when he does he's better on Forsyths side

I keep wanting us to try 2 up front... 4-1-3-2, to give as a different option.

As Play-offs are (whisper quietly) almost assured, let's experiment.

---------------Grant-------------

Wisdom -- Keogh -- Buxton--Forsyth

---Hendrick---Thorne---Bryson-----

-------------Hughes---------------

--------Martin----Russell---------

we could even start Whitbread/Naylor/Bailey/Eustace to get em match fit if we get 4/6 points on board this week.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFC1388
    I think it's no coincedence that Wisdom's performances have dropped since Bamford has been starting in front of him.
    interesting thoughts. from my observations with exception of Sheffield Wednesday away, wisdom has been poor mainly due to very sloppy passing rather than being weak defensively. as I say Antonio took him to pieces at Sheffield Wednesday. so I'm not so sure bamford being in the side should affect his range of passing.

I think wisdom's issue must be more to do with the mental side of the game. we know he's quality when he's on it. I don't know if there may be issues off the pitch but he just doesn't seem all there to me at the moment, which is frustrating because on his day he's one of the best right backs in the league, taking trippier out of the equation.

we had a similar thing with nicky hunt a few years back, remember him? very good initially on loan and then just went to ****, to the point of being a liability

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid
    interesting thoughts. from my observations with exception of Sheffield Wednesday away, wisdom has been poor mainly due to very sloppy passing rather than being weak defensively. as I say Antonio took him to pieces at Sheffield Wednesday. so I'm not so sure bamford being in the side should affect his range of passing.

I think wisdom's issue must be more to do with the mental side of the game. we know he's quality when he's on it. I don't know if there may be issues off the pitch but he just doesn't seem all there to me at the moment, which is frustrating because on his day he's one of the best right backs in the league, taking trippier out of the equation.

we had a similar thing with nicky hunt a few years back, remember him? very good initially on loan and then just went

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)