+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackpool tonight

Blackpool tonight

How does everyone think we will get on tonight? Will Steve make any changes?

After Saturday's performance which was one of the worst i've seen from us this season I think and hope we will get a positive reaction tonight.

I think Hughes may start in midfield probably ahead of Hendrick. I wouldn't be shocked to see Eustace start ahead of Thorne purely for the reason that Thorne hasn't played this often for a while so maybe could be rested although I would be disappointed with that as for me Thorne was our best player on Saturday.

I am going for a 2-0 win...Martin + Russell with the goals.

re: Blackpool tonight

I'm going for 7-1 Derby and fans throwing season tickets at Ferguson!

More likely be a dour 0-0 tho eh?

I just get the feeling we are not taking any risks at the moment and trying to stay fresh for the play-offs so I think we will lose this one 2-0.

I'd like to think we'll get a result. McClaren often gets a performance out of the players following a poor performance like we had at Boro.

I'd go with Will over Hendrick personally.

Not going to be there tonight due to work commitments, so any ratings would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by sheeeeeeeeeep
    I just get the feeling we are not taking any risks at the moment and trying to stay fresh for the play-offs so I think we will lose this one 2-0.
    Its a toss up between keeping players fresh and losing momentum and form. I think we need a result and i suspect McClaren will think the same.

3-1 Derby. Bucko with two

Professional football is very draining physically and psychologically. It's not unusual for results to depart from the pattern which the League table would predict at this time of the season. It's at times like this that the manager makes a difference by what he says to the players and the odd team tweak. The players themselves will respond following a poor performance and it's the manager's job to assess how much each player has in their tank and if any one player is thought to be "drained" then to rest them.
    So we'll see what the outcome is. But Blackpool are at home, are scrapping for their status, and their pride is hurt after losing at home to Yeovil. It will be tight. Derby have to get a result, if they want to secure their place.

Quote Originally Posted by Toggles
    I'm going for 7-1 Derby and fans throwing season tickets at Ferguson!

More likely be a dour 0-0 tho eh?
    Yeah probably a 0-0

1-1 after 2 minutes is crazy, it must have been an absolute wonder goal for them to score after 16 seconds!! Did we touch the ball before they scored? Anyone know?

We're still on for your 7-1 prediction though! Just hope we don't lose concentration when the second half restarts and allow Blackpool a way back in. Reading the Twitter updates suggests we could and should have had more than 3.

Well done to Martin for hitting 20 for the season, not bad for a freebie ay?

Gutted had Derby to win 3-1 with forest to also win 3-1 at 255/1

Trust the dogs to be the other way round.

Also had a cover bet for dogs, weeds and fester to win and derby to lose. Going to give up this betting lark...

Quote Originally Posted by Sma11ytheRam
    Gutted had Derby to win 3-1 with forest to also win 3-1 at 255/1

Trust the dogs to be the other way round.

Also had a cover bet for dogs, weeds and fester to win and derby to lose. Going to give up this betting lark...
    Not really gutted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)