+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: play offs

re: play offs

Aye, I totally agree that the Play offs are a huge target for us now, and performances over the last 6 games have shown we have fight.
    We need to aim for those positions...next season.
    We will just miss out this time, but it's heartening to see such positivity on here, only a few weeks after a lot where calling for the managers head.
    Back to the balance thing Auks mentioned the other week (after we lost a game) you always try to find balance. Losing a one off match didn't mean we where the worst side in England, the manager hadn't just become a failure. Nor when we win a few matches, are we suddenly play off hopefuls. We have not been in that position all season. We are not ready. But we will finish very close.
    I'm looking for us to improve on that next season, which will hopefully see us get in the play offs. That will be our managers second season in full time management.
    Does this win over QPR now mean we can give GB a bit more time than next Xmas? Which seemed to be the last sc

[quote="champs95"]Aye, I totally agree that the Play offs are a huge target for us now, and performances over the last 6 games have shown we have fight.
    We need to aim for those positions...next season.
    We will just miss out this time, but it's heartening to see such positivity on here, only a few weeks after a lot where calling for the managers head.
    Back to the balance thing Auks mentioned the other week (after we lost a game) you always try to find balance. Losing a one off match didn't mean we where the worst side in England, the manager hadn't just become a failure. Nor when we win a few matches, are we suddenly play off hopefuls. We have not been in that position all season. We are not ready. But we will finish very close.
    I'm looking for us to improve on that next season, which will hopefully see us get in the play offs. That will be our managers second season in full time management.
    Does this win over QPR now mean we can give GB a bit more time

I don't recall anyone calling for Bowyer's head either. He has been criticised for poorly timed substitutions and some woeful performances by the team, which had led to some poor results. It has been ventured that we'd be in a better position league wise with the current squad if a more experienced manager had been at the helm. That is different from calling for his head. It is venturing opinions.

Also I'm going to have to say that the complaints haven't been about results, they have been about performances. We only got a point against Brighton and let in 2 easy goals. But the overall performance was good and that was reflected in the comments about the game. We lost to Notts Forest, but played well, it was acknowledged.

Last night the team played the best it has in over 7 years, no one that saw could ignore it, nor could they ignore the pub team performance against Bournemouth. For those few of us that still go, we call it how we see it. It's our right as opinionated football fans

I agree with Champs, we are not ready yet, maybe next season.

looking grim.

Quote Originally Posted by Juninho
    looking grim.

Fkng gimp ...sorry my use of English is poor.

What is certain is that if we win our next game, we go into the wigan match with at least something to play for.

I doubt we will make it, but you never know!

A Rovers v Wigan final now that might just start to get the blood tingling again.

Best bit would be seeing Whelan give the Roa's the Unroyal treatment again live on Sky in front of 90000 for ruining a football institution. Such a public dressing down might result in Balaji getting his pistol out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)