+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who would settle for...

who would settle for...

needing to beat Preston on the last day to be guaranteed staying up???

re: who would settle for...

Quote Originally Posted by One_Dean_Ashton
    Should there be an 'or' somewhere?

As the only alternative to your scenario is relegation and nobody would settle for that would they?

I would because that would also mean we could draw/ lose and still stay up if other results go our way.

I've gone through all of the remaining fixtures and think it will finish:

21 Colchester 46pts
    22 Shrewsbury 43
    23 Stevenage 42
    24 Notts Co 41

I reckon it will come down to the last day of the season between us (Preston H), Carlisle (Wolves A), Tranmere (Bradford H) and Colchester (Walsall A).

Could be the closest finish in many years, and we can't rely on goal difference to keep us up.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB
    Should there be an 'or' somewhere?

As the only alternative to your scenario is relegation and nobody would settle for that would they?[/quote]

My 'or' was being safe prior to the last match. Really trying to gauge people's opinions on whether that is possible or going into the last game needed to win is the best that we can hope for?

Whatever happens it's going down to the wire for us

Quote Originally Posted by One_Dean_Ashton

Whether I'd settle for it or not, history suggests that's the way it's gonna be!
    Haven't won at Ashton Gate in our last 10 visits. In fact we've only ever won there once - in 1911!!!

50 points will save us. To suggest that wouldn't be enough is saying Notts Co will bag 4pts from 6 - could happen but can't see it - and Carlisle will win 2 of their last 3 - really?? - on their current form??
    And even then you have the other 2 on 47 with us. Hardly pulling up trees themselves.

2 draws might even do it - but I won't be nailing my colours to that mast just yet!

Most notable for me though was on P&G yesterday and that regular caller, Andy, (they have a lot of regular callers on that show - Howard, Ben - is it a closed shop? ). When pushed by LB, he admitted he thinks we are gone. Always talks a lot of sense that guy, (does he post on here? ), a

Home form, Stevenage away

All our own fault this. It would be worse to go down by a point or so than go down bottom and without hope.

League 2 is horrible. Just over a 1000 at some games yesterday.

Blackpool or Morecambe poss next season is the choice!

I reckon we have completely thrown it all away after yesterday's superb chance to climb away from the bottom four. Our goal difference could come back to bite us hard. Colchester were there for the taking and Davis and the players let the fans down with a lack lustre performance. He wanted us to be vocal and we were. However, that made not one jot of a difference and had the opposition been more clinical in front of goal, then we would have been staring defeat on the face. The displays against Coventry & Wolves were better than that yesterday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast