+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Loffing is Happy to be proved wrong

Loffing is Happy to be proved wrong

Not a question of if but when Wolves get promoted.

I thought we would be mid table this season, with Wolves struggling first half of the season, but improving second half of season when the team would gel, and I expected promotion next season.

Kenny Jacket has done wonders, as has the defence.
    The Wolves defence has been the star all season, when teams were dominating and over running Wolves early on in the season, they kept us up there and even when the defence was beaten Ikeme was there.
    Once the team started to gel in the new year they then dominated and played teams off the park, look at the turnaround when Walsall deservedly beat us at home, but look what we did to them at the Bescot.

What of the future...if the defence is just as good in the Championship next season then play-offs are a cert and automatic promotion could be on.

re: Loffing is Happy to be proved wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Laughing_Wolfie

I thought we would be mid table this season, with Wolves struggling first half of the season, but improving second half of season when the team would gel, and I expected promotion next season.

The Wolves defence has been the star all season, when teams were dominating and over running Wolves early on in the season, they kept us up there and even when the defence was beaten Ikeme was there.
    Once the team started to gel in the new year they then dominated and played teams off the park, look at the turnaround when Walsall deservedly beat us at home, but look what we did to them at the Bescot.

What of the future...if the defence is just as good in the Championship next season then play-offs are a cert and automatic promotion could be on.
    Spot on Loffing. However I don't think a quick return to the top flight would be benefi

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF

Spot on Loffing. However I don't thi

When you look at the squad KJ started with back in August a mid-table finish was not an unreasonable prediction. However, the difference has been the host of new players on the squad that have really cemented our return to the Championship!

I predicted fifth before the season started, but not knowing what players would leave the club, or how Jackett would be backed in the transfer window. Jackett has done an excellent job, and hopefully will be rewarded with both promotion and fingers crossed, the league one title. Next season is a different ball game, improvements to the squad needed, especially up front.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)