+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Sleep, or lack thereof !

O/T Sleep, or lack thereof !

Any other insomniacs out there? I have been bad since I was a kid, mainly I think as a result of being in hospital and in an iron lung for so long when I was 10.

Had trouble again since my recent fall, got off the yummy pain killers OK for a while but then just couldn't sleep. Went to the docs and he gave me some "starter" level sleeping tablets. Useless just make me hyper and if I add alcohol they send me loopy, wandering around the house in the middle of the night and pi$$ing in the fridge etc. :-?

Last night was the worse, just took the pill, awake all night, got up at four o,clock and went out for coffee and donuts. Got back into bad at about 5.30 but still no luck.

At the office now, eyelids like freaking lead! Guess its back to the doc for a tablet "upgrade"

All in a mouses night, eh! :/ :-/

re: O/T Sleep, or lack thereof !

I don't have any problems getting to sleep and anyone who does has my sympathy.

I like to take a sensible sized glass of Mavrodaphne of Patras, sweet red wine 15%ABV and a small hot water bottle with a fleece cover to bed with me and get nice and comfortable whilst watching a DVD - usually knocks me out in no time!

Quote Originally Posted by Woking88

I like to take a sensible sized glass of Mavrodaphne of Patras, sweet red wine 15%ABV and a small hot water bottle with a fleece cover to bed with me and get nice and comfortable whilst watching a DVD - usually knocks me out in no time!
    Pervert! X-D :-D

I'm pretty much a lifelong sufferer. Pills never helped and alcohol made the situation worse not better. Daily exercise, cutting out reading in bed, and staying on a schedule of going to bed and getting up at the same times, 7 days a week, is the only thing that has ever worked.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF

Pervert! X-D :-D[/quote]

Damn - I have been uncovered! Quick nurse the screens!!!

My trouble started when I was recovering from Polio. They put me in an "isolation" ward which consisted of a number of twin bedded rooms, large but always bright, even at night. The guy I shared with was a squaddie who was recovering from Malaria. Two or three times a day he would have a screaming fit and try climbing the walls. As a result, up till I married my first wife the only way I could sleep was with the lights on and a pillow over my head.

Grim!

I reckon you've just been have nightmares about Mick D being shafted by a bogbrush on bennie mad

Up to age 14 early to bed, early to rise often up playing or walking the dog at 4:30 a.m.. University and early jobs couldn't get to sleep until after midnight. From about age 28 on have been back to early rising. The last ten years I have nights where I sleep only about 4.5 hrs and that's it. Sometimes I am up working or on here as early as 3:00 a.m. Never know from night to night how I will feel the next morning...makes it hard to plan for the days ahead.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)