+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shrewsbury Away - Roll Call

re: Shrewsbury Away - Roll Call

He doesn't know it yet, but Fever_Tox and I will be at the CD.
    The prospect of a decent pint of Pedigree was the clincher.
    Sadly said Fever_Tox will have to help me to the ground afterwards! :-D

Are taxis frequently present around Shrewsbury town centre? Seems the best option to get to the stadium?

Shrewsbury railway station is just over two miles away from the stadium, so if you do decide to walk it is going to take around 40 minutes. Otherwise you can grab a taxi up to the ground (although I have heard that taxis at the station can sometimes be scarce, so you may wish to find the number of a local firm before you go). Alternatively you can catch the Meole Brace Park & Ride service (operated by Arriva) from the station which takes you to the Meole Brace Retail Park, which is close to the stadium. Services on Saturday afternoons run every ten minutes and the cost of a ticket is AŁ1. It doesn't run in the evenings, so for late kick offs, you would need to take a bus from the town centre bus station (service numbers 8, 16, 23, 25 & 544/546 all stop near to the stadium).

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkDust
    Shrewsbury railway station is just over two miles away from the stadium, so if you do decide to walk it is going to take around 40 minutes. Otherwise you can grab a taxi up to the ground (although I have heard that taxis at the station can sometimes be scarce, so you may wish to find the number of a local firm before you go). Alternatively you can catch the Meole Brace Park & Ride service (operated by Arriva) from the station which takes you to the Meole Brace Retail Park, which is close to the stadium. Services on Saturday afternoons run every ten minutes and the cost of a ticket is AAŁ1. It doesn't run in the evenings, so for late kick offs, you would need to take a bus from the town centre bus station (service numbers 8, 16, 23, 25 & 544/546 all stop near to the stadium).

Nice copying pasting off football ground guide haha!

Think taxi to Brooklands then walk from there.

Brooklands open again now then? it was a nightmare parking last year when this was closed. It was a nice friendly boozed with good parking, need to be able to take my 6 yo lad in with me ;-)

1,150 Alex confirmed this afternoon. Should be looking at 1,500 which is a great effort! Anyone still needing tickets; get purchasing. You have until 3pm tomorrow to get them:

http://www.crewealex.net/news/article/shrews-all-ticket-1449321.aspx

So; two pre-match pubs seem like the plan, for those who are wanting a beer in the sun!

First stop is the CHARLES DARWIN, Sutton Road, Shrewsbury, SY2 6HN. Good beer, food and Sky TV. Get there for around 11.30am.

http://www.marstonspubs.co.uk/charlesdarwinShrewsbury/

Second stop is the BROOKLANDS HOTEL,
    Mill Road, Shrewsbury SY3 9JT - for 1pm. Good beer garden and food.

http://brooklandshotelshrewsbury.co.uk/home

Both have parking for any drivers.

See you there! Lets make this a day to remember! COYR!! - view external link

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123