+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ***Play Brad Inman in the centre***

***Play Brad Inman in the centre***

Brad is a cracking player and was signed by us to play in Murphs role. Come on Steve, play the lad where he wants to play, he is a central player after all.

He looks an unhappy lad, starved of quality balls in our new "Crewe hoof ball style".

We're just not "The Alex" lately

re: ***Play Brad Inman in the centre***

I agreee, however that ball he played to Uche second half was a simple 3 yard pass which he failed with. That may explain why he does not play there!

One of the problems as I see it (Mein Gott there are so many ...) is that Brad is not getting the right feeds. Ellis is an OK stopper, but his heading and passing is almost arrowed to the opposition. Basically the old heads are not receiving the right support from the youngsters.
    Plus: Evans has been on a downward slope since his first couple games.

Inman inside - and yes, I fully agree with that - and Waters outside.

The conundrum, for me, is that this squad and some from the Academy, would be a good, competitive, entertaining and skilful Div 2 side. If we manage to stay up in Div 1 then there will need to be wholesale restructuring, and I hope it is not to the detriment of our own lads.

Don't play Inman at all is perhaps the best solution judging by his performances in the games his has started during this past six weeks. He doesn't seem interested to me and is not prepared either to beat his man or when in front of goal, to have a shot. On present form, Inman should be used as an impact substitute (he scored at Crawley in this role) and only brought back into the starting line-up full time, when he has shown his worth.

I do agree with Chalkdust about his positioning in the team, but he must be prepared to at least make the effort when played in a position where he is unhappy.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick
    Don't play Inman at all is perhaps the best solution judging by his performances in the games his has started during this past six weeks. He doesn't seem interested to me and is not prepared either to beat his man or when in front of goal, to have a shot. On present form, Inman should be used as an impact substitute (he scored at Crawley in this role) and only brought back into the starting line-up full time, when he has shown his worth.

I do agree with Chalkdust about his positioning in the team, but he must be prepared to at least make the effort when played in a position where he is unhappy.
    pretty much exactly how I see it - plus he still needs to find some footwear he can stand up in.

He was a cracking player last season, has n't done it this time around (not the only one in fairness).

Quote Originally Posted by DGFG

pretty much exactly how I see it - plus he still needs to find some footwear he can stand up in.[/quote]

He seemed to have the right plimsolls on today, although they had superglue stuck to the soles.

I think you're all being tough on him if I'm honest. He is a centre mid and was for Castle and we signed him for that. He isn't getting any quality on the left, no Toots behind him or Murph playing with him neatly. Evans is poor but our own player doesn't get a shot.

2nd half pass was more about what Uche didn't do, different views hey

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkDust
    I think you're all being tough on him if I'm honest. He is a centre mid and was for Castle and we signed him for that. He isn't getting any quality on the left, no Toots behind him or Murph playing with him neatly. Evans is poor but our own player doesn't get a shot.

2nd half pass was more about what Uche didn't do, different views hey
    I think that many of us thought that the pass to Uche was just one too many and Inman should have carried on and had a go himself, something no player was prepared to do all afternoon. Seemed to lack the confidence to do just that, when earlier in the season (after his indifferent start), he would not hesitate to have a go.

Think a lot of this is very harsh on brad. He is not a winger and should be played in his preferred position. Plus a lot of you are forgetting that he won us 3 important points last week. If you ask me, the real weak link and let down was the lazy little git on the opposite side of the pitch.

Yesss! He is an attacking Centre Midfielder, total play maker and got cracking pace and a footballing brain.
    Totally wasted on the left, he is not a winger and we have other guys who can play there.
    The current formation don't seem to be able to pass that way either.

To criticise on one ball is nonsense - after the quality he puts through week in week out, imagine what he would do if he was actually played in his correct position.

Coaching tactics this season have left me scratching my head.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast