+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Wembley date for the Rat

re: No Wembley date for the Rat

Firstly no ones interested in your semi at wembley

Secondly, clough has worked wonders at sheff utd but do think he had taken derby as far as he could. No when or indeed if promotion occurs in the next 18 months then he has to take an awful lot of credit for helping to achieve that

IMO he did a fantastic job at derby and was by no means a failure, off the field he achieved more than I imagine most more experience managers would have done

Good grief - is this pointless Clough debate ever going to stop. Will you all still be debating the issue in ten year's time? It's passed on! This issue is no more! It has ceased to be! THIS IS AN EX-ISSUE!! (with apologies to Messrs Python) :/

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale
    Youth? Ha if only!

My oath stands but can't ressist the odd post on anothers thread!
    ...and on many other threads that i have seen. So no your oath doesn't stand as i suspected it wouldn't. If it was possible to be tired of being right, thats what i'd be now.

[quote="Rattea"]Sorry for the late response the giro didn't come through and the metre ran out on the broadband!

Now correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the semi a wembley.

And by all reports sheff United gave a pl team a right good game.

Totally agree Rat,

very similar to the situation at derby when maclaren took over, team going nowhere etc. It proves my theory that Clough never cared about Derby, I never heard him ever come on the TV or radio after that match and say it hurts to lose etc, he usually came on and said we deserved to win (you may have enouch chances to win a game but no team DESERVES to win.

I have to admit he lost my support the day he said if people are not happy they can go down the a6 and support them!!!!!!!!

I dont think he EVER had any regard to the average supporter, he always came across as if supporters were an evil.

This was reinforced by the fact he never came to see the supporters when rush was doing the rounds, but it wa

Oh and by the way rat,

FOR THE UMP****TH TIME, George Jobey did the league double over Florest!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)