+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Contracts

Contracts

So you can see we have a fair few out of contract and I suppose a lot will rely on what division we are in next season.

My main concern is the attack and defence these two area's need addressing bit time.

Goalkeepers

Steve Phillips - 2 year deal signed (03/07/2012) Expires summer 2014
    Ben Garratt - 2 year 6 months improved contract signed (22/01/2013) - Expires summer 2015

Defenders

George Ray - 2.5 year improved contract signed(11/02/2014) - Expires 2016.
    Oliver Turton - 2 year improved deal signed (02/04/14) Expires summer 2016
    Jon Gutherie - 2 year improved deal signed (25/03/14) Expires 2015 + Option of extra year.
    Thiery Audel - 2 year deal signed (24/06/13) Expires summer 2015
    Adam Dugdale - 3 yeat improved contract signed (13/08/2012) Expires summer 2015
    Matt Tootle - 2 year improved deal signed (04/02/2013) Expires summer 2015
    Harry Davis - 2 year improved deal signed (04/02/2013) Expires summer 2015
    Mark Ellis - 2 year deal signed (2/06

re: Contracts

Next season will, I think, follow one of two courses:
    1. We stay up - and rely on loanees, plus Waters becoming a regular; or
    2. We fall - and we see a crop of talented Academy lads coming through.

Academy to squad:
    Robbie Johnson (I think Steve Phillips will leave us for a coaching role at a bigger club).
    Perry Ng, James Jones, Fraser Murdoch, Callum Saunders, George Cooper - all of whom have impressed me the little I have seen.

Departures:
    Byron Moore - and I would not be too surprised if he walks out and down the A500 then turns left!
    Kelvin Mellor - he's just not hacking it now and maybe thinks he needs a new club.
    Abdul Osman - with Grant in place and Nolan on the up, Osman may be a luxury we decide not to afford.
    AJ - he will be passed by as the Academy lads mature.
    Max Clayton - he will look for another club and will get good compensation, or he will sign with us for a year, or ?

As, I believe, Chalkdust mentioned earlier, whatever Div we are in, Summer 2014 will see lots of

I agree with you 100% AL, and you have seen a lot more of the young Academy lads than I have. From your reports of the Development Squad fixtures they have performed well against their peers and should be given their chance.

I just hope that the fans will be patient with them as and when they do get a chance. Our past record in supporting young players is mixed (I well remember Harry Davies being regularly slaughtered when he was playing as right back - now look at him) and we should recognise that they may start like Billy Waters has but will almost certainly have their Danny Shelley moments!

Get behind them when they're playing well and applaud them despite their mistakes.

This is how I see our squad looking after departures. I think alot of youngsters should be promoted next season, and SD has seemed to suggest we will return to youth in recent interviews so expect Johnson (gk), ng (df), Saunders (St) to be promoted.

Look weak in midfield and attack after departures. Personally I think LM should remain but based on him being loaned out for majority of season i can see him being let go early.

We need quality over quantity this summer.

Goalkeepers

Ben Garratt - 2 year 6 months improved contract signed (22/01/2013) - Expires summer 2015

Defenders

George Ray - 2.5 year improved contract signed(11/02/2014) - Expires 2016.
    Oliver Turton - 2 year improved deal signed (02/04/14) Expires summer 2016
    Jon Gutherie - 2 year improved deal signed (25/03/14) Expires 2015 + Option of extra year.
    Adam Dugdale - 3 yeat improved contract signed (13/08/2012) Expires summer 2015
    Matt Tootle - 2 year improved deal signed (04/02/2013) Expires summer 2015
    Harry Davis

the lad bailie looks a goos prospect @ full back

saw luton v braintree on TV

the lad Mulley @ Braintree impressed me

very tricky winger/forward bags of pace

shame he prob wouldnt want to moove oop north

The only contracted player we should pay off is Audel

Give the wolf a chance maybe?

The only player out of contract we should consider offering is Ellis

Byron has had his suitcase packed for 3 years!

We all know Max will be elsewhere

We cannot retain experienced contracted men - Ajay, Kelvin, Abdul are the main examples - who are not playing in a team which is going to escape relegation at the death (we hope!!!)