+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last Home Game Celebrations

Last Home Game Celebrations

This is off official site...
    Wolves can confirm that any end-of-season promotion celebrations will be tied in with Jody Craddocka€™s testimonial, taking place at Molineux on Monday, May 5th (2pm).

Wolves clinched promotion from Sky Bet League One thanks to Saturdaya€™s 2-0 victory at Crewe, but, with four games remaining, are now aiming to complete a successful season by winning the title.

With Head Coach Kenny Jackett and his staff and players in attendance at Jodya€™s testimonial, it has been decided that any post-season celebrations on top of the normal formalities at the final fixture against Carlisle will take place on that day.

And that will offer Wolves supporters the opportunity to return to Molineux on Bank Holiday Monday and enjoy the biggest gathering of Wolves players past and present for many years.

a€œFirst of all while we are all delighted that the club has achieved promotion back to the Championship, the hard work is still going on to try and clinch the league titl

re: Last Home Game Celebrations

To be honest Lesley, I don't think it matters a jot what they say. People will not be manipulated like this.

I have my ticket for the Carlisle game and expect there to be similar celebrations afterwards as there were on 3 May 2009 when we beat Doncaster and went up to the Prem as champions.

As for Bank Holiday Monday, I will be 145 miles away enjoying life with my family. Much as I wish Jody Craddock all the very best, I won't be there!

I think it's a little unfair to be honest, I have nephews and friend coming down from York and brother coming from Malven all of us expecting last home game celebrations. I know some wolves fans run their life around the fixture list and are not happy, Moxey Manipulation at it's best.

I understand your concerns, Lesley, but I am positive there will be last home game celebrations and they will not be diminished by anything Moxey says!

I see this as slightly different to how Wolves have put the message out regarding both the Carlisle and Jody Craddock testimonial games. The testimonial will have all the players out of their "work zone" if i can call it that, and will be able to enjoy the testimonial, but also get the applause from those that attend.

The last two home games will be more of a party atmosphere, but if Wolves do end up winning the title, the trophy will be presented and a lap of honour will take place at the Carlisle game, all the player of the season and other awards will also take place. I also think the club are trying to get more people to attend the testimonial and what better way than to have the current Wolves squad there?

What do you want to do Lesley? Shin up a goalpost,dig up a bit of pitch,or just go on the pitch? Could be that if we have won the league by then we could be presented with the cup after the match so time to celebrate again as we've already celebrated going up.If we haven't won the league utill the Saturady results are know then the cup ,if we win the league will no doubt be presented at Jodies shindig.

We'll be crowned Champions on Monday April 21st after beating Orient at the Matchroom Stadium the League one trophy will be presented at the end of the last game of the season against the Cumbrians.
    I feel it in my water but then again that might be a kidney infection!!

If we are champions by then, as Eve says, it would be presented at the end of the Carlisle match. I don't think the League would agree to it being held over to a match which has nothing to do with the League!

From the Wolves Twitter site:

All squad will be at @jc6testimonial and will be introduced to the crowd as part of biggest gathering of past/present players for many yrs.
    - view external link

Greystone...you just bought back memories Ive done all that in the past except shimmy up the goal post ha ha...and if I'm remembering rightly last home game against chelsea 1977 (I had my now ex father in laws season ticket) in the waterloo rd stand running on with then boyfriend and coming home with some hallowed turf which was lovingly watered in the kitchen sink bowl and then placed in their rear back garden where as a kid (stu) used to have his goal posts...the last time I ran on again was when we got promoted 2008/09 and G Force I think it was gave me a wizzer lol ...Yes I think there will be celebrations on all the remaining games now and no one will be able to stop us...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)