+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who will be toughest team in playoffs?

re: Who will be toughest team in playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Shanghai_Ram
    I think Watford still have a good chance of making the playoffs
    Good win versus Ipswich yesterday and now unbeaten in 6...

That form entering into the playoffs is exactly what we wouldn't want.
    Watford would have to beat us at the IPro the game after next to realistically have a chance of 6th.

If they did, they'd still likely play us in the semis and would be pretty confident if they'd just turned us over.

I still think Reading may make it. In so far as Reading and Derby were my preseason bets for promotion, at least I'd still have an interest in the final if the worst happened in the semi.

Think positive. It will be Burnley playing Brighton or Reading

Come on oldtimeram you can't really believe that.
    As for the play-offs nobody will want to play you.
    Wigan have had a tough season and after the initial resurgence after Uwe took charge are now a bit erratic,
    QPR have too many loan players who don't really care as they won't be around next season and are not a solid team unit.
    of the rest Reading/Brighton/Bournmouth/Florist/Ipswich only Brighton and Ipswich would be of any real concern if they were to get into that final place.
    you are playing the best of all the teams in the playoff places look like a team with belief now you have got rid of Clough. You won't catch us but will go up via a Wembley win.
    Good Luck and see you next year.

wigan undoubtedly. they have the tools to beat us. looks certain they will play QPR in the semis so if we manage to get to Wembley I'd much rather face QPR in the final.

I honestly think we'll have the edge against whoever finishes 6th but I also agree that Watford could be very dangerous. fortunately I think they've put their run together a tad too late to sneak in there.

I wouldn't worry too much who you are playing.

You will be favourites to win the play-offs.

But any team can have one hot day or one off day and that can be decisive.

So focus on the play-offs when the regular season ends.

My worry is Wigan...an no one has mentioned the fact they are well used to Wembley & the big occasion...unlike our young squad

I reckon the best scenario we can hope for is Ipswich in the semi and then, assuming we get through, QPR in the final.

The nightmare scenario has to be Forest in the semi. The bragging rights gained from beating them 5:0 and finishing a dozen or more points ahead would count for nothing if they beat us in the play offs.

Ditto

The fact that we have no injury concerns & our plus/ minus scoring is good, my comment is: "Thank God we don't have to play us".

but are Brighton the team in the assendency!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)