+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Amazing Adventures of Mad Mick

re: The Amazing Adventures of Mad Mick

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf
    One thing McCarthy in his favour is that he has the experience of taking sides up from the division, again, he's doing a good job at Ipswich on limited resources.
    I am listening to the Ipswich match on the Football League Player and the Ipswich announcer said MM spent 25 million last summer. That was a lot more than I thought he would have available (w/o knowing who he could sell and what not). I could have misheard him though.[/quote]

Do you think he meant 2.5m?, because Ipswich only sign players that don't cost that much, or are free agents, ie berra, Hunt and SEB.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71
    One thing McCarthy in his favour is that he has the experience of taking sides up from the division, again, he's doing a good job at Ipswich on limited resources.
    I am listening to the Ipswich match on the Football League Player and the Ipswich announcer said MM spent 25 million last summer. That was a lot more than I thought he would have available (w/o knowing who he could sell and what not). I could have misheard him though.[/quote]

Do you think he meant 2.5m?, because Ipswich only sign players that don't cost that much, or are free agents, ie berra, Hunt and SEB.[/quote]

Yeah, I am guessing I misheard him as I was working whilst listening. Looking at their transfer activity over the summer, it was almost all free transfers. Your figure would appear more accurate based on what I have seen so far in my basic research of the club.

Good luck to him, I say.
    Every manager has his limits, the Championship is probably Micks happy place but I would like to see him get yet another club promoted.

Reading look best placed to edge out Brighton, but Mick must believe he is in with a chance.

Another great job he has done in turning around an ailing Championship club.

You have to admire him having his one hand tied behind his back towing along TC yet still manages to get some success. Ditch him and he could win the Prem.

Personally I'd quite like us to be playing a Mad Mick team next season. Oh to be a fly on the wall when MM and KJ meet for a glass of vino after the match at the Mol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)