+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GREAT WIN AT FORFAR

re: GREAT WIN AT FORFAR

Absolute superb display by the Red Lichties yesterday and EVERY player deserves praise and those "fans" that think the Gaffer should hang up his boots are "aff their heeds" as Peanut was superb again yesterday. Great turnout by the Red Lichties supporters yesterday and their must have been 600 away fans in the 850 crowd, unreal that we never got a penalty and couldna believe McIntosh got booked for protecting the ball from hitting his face, IMO Shagger McManus was M.O.M. and we MUST sign him and DR Goals for next season.

C'mon the Red Lichties we can do it, 36-0.

have to agree with Sye the gaffer has been outstanding , his passion and commitment has shone through and is clearly rubbing off on his players , what a goal yesterday by the way , those of you , and you know who you are , that have been berating the boss , shame on you . Even if we fail to escape the drop Paul is still the man for the job .

Quote Originally Posted by broathrbest
    have to agree with Sye the gaffer has been outstanding , his passion and commitment has shone through and is clearly rubbing off on his players , what a goal yesterday by the way , those of you , and you know who you are , that have been berating the boss , shame on you . Even if we fail to escape the drop Paul is still the man for the job .
    Never doubted this. Even if we go down PS will have learned from this season's problems and be better for it. With the core we already have, then next season will be a cracker. Everything to play for!

Quote Originally Posted by timlichtie
    Not down yet Tim. We have the momentum with the draw and back to back wins. Agree about the Wizard, last 10 minutes yesterday he was bombing up the left wing like a youngster. A testament to his fitness. We can do this.C 'Mon lichties
    Never doubted this. Even if we go down PS will have learned from this season's problems and be better for it. With the core we already have, then next season will be a cracker. Everything to play for![/quote]

Great result and delighted to read how well the team played. All they can do now is to give it their best shot in the next couple of games and hope to overtake East Fife for the playoff place.
    Well done to the team.

Excellent and thoroughly deserved victory.
    Have been a vocal critic of Chisholm all season but he played his part on Saturday in what was by far the best I've seen him play all year.
    Graet to see everyone up for what was a massive game for us.
    Same for the next two games please.

You will never fool me that Paul Sheerin is the man for the job if we go down. I don't doubt that we'll most likely hammer everybody down there and win another title. BUT, this season will go down as an disastrous example of management, no matter who the gaffer is next year. Paul Sheerin has learnt nothing this season, because he never learnt, from the same mistakes, from the last.

HOWEVER, yes HOWEVER, the team was again superb on Saturday. They do the shirt proud. The GAFFER was excellent again and SHOULD continue to play his part. He is still a quality contributor to our side. That has never been in doubt for me.

Best of luck to the Lichties this Saturday! I'll be over the moon is we get another result! C'mon the Lichties!!!

Just a wee point that maybe some have missed. Although I haven't been in favour of changing the manager it seems to me that those who have been have based their opinions on the whole season and not just on a couple of results.
    Whatever the outcome of this season I think the management team should stay and hopefully they will have learned from mistakes that have been made.
    One other thing, regarding signing players in the January window, I noticed a sports journalist in a national newspaper pointed out that there is a reason that players become available in the middle of a season. Figure it out.

[quote="smokie_bacon_crisps"]. He was unlucky not to score and if wasn't for Hill in goals today the score should have been 4/5. The save from Cook and grabbing it from Chisholm's feet were two of the best.]

Would there be any chance Darren would come back to the Broath next season then ???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)