+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next Season

Next Season

With promotion assured, 6points (i think 3 points will do it) to win the league, we can start to think and dream about next season.

Our Manager KJ could he be a target for a lesser Premier team like Albion or Villa.
    Also I have a feeling that Sako could be gone.
    Do Wolves have the kids that could breakthrough in the Championship, will KJ use any of the kids in the last four games.

Wolves will have to look up front for replacements, Leon Clarke does not do it for me, would Eusabio be ready next season? I think that the Peterborough striker Assombalonga can score goals in the Championship, Wolves could sign him if Peterborough fail to get promotion.
    Would love an enforcer in Midfield but I don't know of anyone, I suppose thats where KJ and our scouts earn their money. Does our record breaking defence need to be changed.

Any way thats for the close season, lets enjoy the rest of this season and the remarkable job that KJ and his team has done and is doing this season.
    UTW

re: Next Season

The squad will need bolstering. One area of major concern for me is up front. Dicko leads the line well, but he needs competition, aswell as someone to play alongside if Jackett decides to go with two up front. As for players coming through, not sure as of yet, but this season Jackett hasn't been afraid to bring in the likes of Jack Price and to a lesser extent, Liam McAlinden.

I hope wolves sign 4 new players in the summer ,I hope king Kenny signs a new contract and the board back him in transfer market.

Everyone will doubtlessly have their own take but I'd be looking at the defence too- while Danny and Stears have performed brilliantly, I don't see much behind them. Yes EEB or Ricketts could fill in but I don't see Big George as the answer and I don't want p-head back anywhere near the club.

I'd also like to see someone else in up front- if Clarke's the answer I'd hate to think what the question was. I would like to see McAlinden given the opportunity to continue his development but another new face please.

I'm interested to see what happens with the (many) players currently out on loan and do they fit in KJ's plans- Siggy, Tongo, Boukari, Doyler, Ward, etc. Will he see them as experienced heads to bring back or tokens of the old regime to be got rid of at all cost, along with RJ and JOH.

And as with any 'succesful' team, there'll be other teams going over them and looking at potential targets, be it the manager or players like Sako- it'll be up to the management to try and keep t

need to calm down on the sudden urge to sign players. we have now a fantastic defensive set up that can more than cope championship level with youngsters kourtney hause and ebanks landell still young and will develop into good players. good goalkeeping options good full back options.

look to midfield and we have solid foundations with macdonald, price, evans and even david davis could work hard and become a good plyer dont discard it, look towards jordan hendersons development. perhaps we could do with an addition in the central midfield position just to further push the standard.

out wide and CAM position i think we have good options with zeli and eusebio coming through

though i would agree the attack looks weak i think macadlinden needs to be given a chance he would become another sam vokes if we just left him as back up

The only certainties about next season are :-

Wolves are playing in The Championship

The Fixtures are released on Wed. 18th June

The Season Kicks Off on Sat,9th August

I am sure the stick that M&M got for our past two demotions did not rest well with either one and they will make a greater financial sacrifice to avoid any further cliff-hanging seasons like the previous two.

It's not the amount that's spent it's the quality of the buys and are they going to be clubmen or carpetbaggers. So far KJ has by and large chosen the former but the next few weeks will give us an idea as to what to expect in this higher league.
    We could be meeting up with a few "old friends" ie Mr Fletcher and if their current clubs buy,Mr Ward, Mr.Henry, Mr Johnson, etc unless Jez thinks may as well use them plus Mr O'Hara !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello.

Evidently, as I am told by the experts on our board, we will be getting rid of about 10 players. You might like to have first call on these!!

Alot depends on how KJ feels about Zeli and Eusebio. If he feels they're ready to contribute consistently, that'll be big for the club saving money and not need cover for Sako and Henry. I'd like a little more cover up the entire middle of the pitch. A CB, CM that can put in some real work defensively, and a forward for cover in case we go 2 up front at times next year.

I don't think this squad is ready to mount a promotion challenge next season, but I do think that the current personnel is good enough to finish comfortably above the drop zone if we stay healthy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)