+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ched evans again?

re: ched evans again?

[quote="Southenders"]There's a Ched thread every five minutes next door so I think one on here isn't out of the way.

banno is correct in saying United should have nowt to do with him & I believe, Katch, that you hold the same view...my opinion is they should forget about him, unless he clears his which highly unlikely.

30+ goal a season strikers aren't easy to come by so can understand SUFC's point in wanting him back but, realistically he probably won't be the same player he was, it'd be a gamble at the very least, is the gamble worth splitting the fan base.

Another problem is that judging by what I read on Bladesmad, many fans don't believe he's guilty, the thing with that though is that he IS guilty, the courts have said so & yes we all know the instances where innocent people are found guilty but the system we've got is all we have & we have to trus

this thread certainly wasn't started for banter, it was started to show my disgust to how low some people will go to win the odd game of football.
    its not a dig at united but a dig at the whole business of today's football, where do you draw the line?
    someone has to make a stand, if you can't do it for a rapist where is that line? is there ever going to be a line?
    for the vast riches that a footballer can earn in today's game, the least we should expect is for them to behave responsibly.
    as for united, why is it that they seem to court this type of publicity?
    Nigel's dad would be turning in his grave and wouldn't go near someone like Ched except to slug him.
    shame on you sheff united!

[quote="Rotherhamowl10"]There's a Ched thread every five minutes next door so I think one on here isn't out of the way.

banno is correct in saying United should have nowt to do with him & I believe, Katch, that you hold the same view...my opinion is they should forget about him, unless he clears his which highly unlikely.

30+ goal a season strikers aren't easy to come by so can understand SUFC's point in wanting him back but, realistically he probably won't be the same player he was, it'd be a gamble at the very least, is the gamble worth splitting the fan base.

Another problem is that judging by what I read on Bladesmad, many fans don't believe he's guilty, the thing with that though is that he IS guilty, the courts have said so & yes we all know the instances where innocent people are found guilty but t

It's wider than one set of fans using this to slag off the other.
    Not for a moment claiming that SWFC are any type of moral bastion, however SU website quotes prince talking about his ambitions etc...around building club and reaching PL.

He delights about SU being a "...sensibly-organised family and community club..." and his desire to "...work with the whole blades community.." (link)

A club demonstrates this operationally in way it conducts it's affairs

So whilst bladesmad may be burnt out with constant threads about your rapist, the contribution above saying OP is mud-slinging..."dusting down his rape banter"...is crass and shallow.

sufc will be properly judged, criticised and slagged off by this board if it makes sh*t decisions. - view external link

Presumably all you moral crusaders believe that no convicted criminal should ever be employed again ?

Quote Originally Posted by blademark
    Presumably all you moral crusaders believe that no convicted criminal should ever be employed again ?
    No moral crusade just an appreciation of how vile a crime Rape is which a large proportion of your brethren seem incapable of what with comparing a Rapist to Madine or indeed any criminal .
    *** Offenders are a special category and anyone with any sort of moral compass knows it.
    If you had any personal experience of this sort of vile act as some have then you may not be so blase and be able to seperate your support of your club from a former player and see that no matter how good a player has been a rapist is a rapist and deserves nothing but contempt. Certainly he deserves no "duty of care " which i think is the most craven statement i have ever seen from any company.

Quote Originally Posted by mcbrewer
    No moral crusade just an appreciation of how vile a crime Rape is which a large proportion of your brethren seem incapable of what with comparing a Rapist to Madine or indeed any criminal .
    *** Offenders are a special category and anyone with any sort of moral compass knows it.
    If you had any personal experience of this sort of vile act as some have then you may not be so blase and be able to seperate your support of your club from a former player and see that no matter how good a player has been a rapist is a rapist and deserves nothing but contempt. Certainly he deserves no "duty of care " which
    i think is the most craven statement i have ever seen from any company.[/quote]
    Yes, but should convicted criminals be allowed to gain future employment ?

Wrong to obstruct the rehabilitation and re-integration of any person who has served their sentence...but not always straightforward is it...would a local community with young families enthusiastically support the re-integration of a convicted child *** offender, who'd been housed close to them.

SU have to make a decision about their rapist.

After the dodgy decision to bring in Marlon King, they should expect plenty of feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by blademark
    If you had any personal experience of this sort of vile act as some have then you may not be so blase and be able to seperate your support of your club from a former player and see that no matter how good a player has been a rapist is a rapist and deserves nothing but contempt. Certainly he deserves no "duty of care " which
    i think is the most craven statement i have ever seen from any company.[/quote]
    Yes, but should convicted criminals be allowed to gain future em

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestripe
    Wrong to obstruct the rehabilitation and re-integration of any person who has served their sentence...but not always straightforward is it...would a local community with young families enthusiastically support the re-integration of a convicted child *** offender, who'd been housed close to them.

SU have to make a decision about their rapist.
    After the dodgy decision to bring in Marlon
    King, they should expect plenty of feedback.
    Yes , and mainly from S6 I think.
    But your first statement is the salient point. It has to be wrong to block the rehabilitation of any offender.
    Most seem to think it would be ok if some other club took him on, but not his former employers ?
    I question whether Owls fans have true moral arguments or just need another stick to beat the Blades with ?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)