+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: ched evans again?

re: ched evans again?

Quote Originally Posted by blademark
    Banno, quit while your behind mate. 'Has he really been punished'?
    Have you ever spent 2.5 years in prison ?

i'd love to know your thoughts on prison.
    2 1/2 years in prison for a career worth millions, i'd do it tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestripe
    Wrong to obstruct the rehabilitation and re-integration of any person who has served their sentence...but not always straightforward is it...would a local community with young families enthusiastically support the re-integration of a convicted child *** offender, who'd been housed close to them.
    We have this problem next door. We know exactly what Evans did but yet bizarre and irrelevant scenarios are introduced to try and make some point or other.

Evans can be judged accordingly on the FACT that he was convicted of rape. He can be judged on the FACT that he maintains his innocence despite going through the due process of the judicial system.

Considering the above, a decision is to be made re his suitability to play for United. There are some variables that are thrown into the debate but ostensibly it's a choice of whether as a fan you are prepared to have a convicted rapist represent your club. Personally speaking I'm not

Aussie you know I respect your views normally but now your position on Ched Evans appears to be concern for the club ?
    Do me a favour.
    I wouldn't put it quite like that mate no...if United take him back it won't bother me, I'll be more surprised they think it's worth it, if they do no one will need a stick to do any beating, it'll be more like self harm...I really just can't see why, other than maybe having a 30 goal striker, they'd want him back...to me it'd be a backward move when just lately since Clough came in things are looking positive, to be honest mate I'm staggered any Blade would welcome him back, should be thinking time to move on, leave all that stuff behind...this is just my view from what I suppose is a neutral position...I have no concerns about United as a club.

There is no point scoring from me - if that's what you're trying to accuse me of. I am simply lost for words on how anyone can defend a CONVICTED rapist, unless you're the rapist himself or family members who will always remain loyal to him no matter what.

He is still serving his punishment, therefore I can't predict whether or not he will be a reformed character once he gets released. My point is rape is seen as the lowest of the low, if Joe Blogs walked into the boozer and I was told he had served time for rape, he wouldn't be somebody I would share a pint with. It's the nature of the offence, we are not talking about ABH, GBH, dealing drugs, stealing cars - we are talking about rape. Would you be comfortable having a mate who had been convicted of rape?...I know I wouldn't.

Surely the people condemning such a vile act are the ones showing remorse towards the victim? it's the people defending a rapist that are not only showing no remorse to the victim, but also to every person wh

Rothowl I'm not sure I have seen anyone 'defending a rapist ' in terms of condoning the act ?
    Sure, some think he is innocent, and that's an opinion you can disagree with, as did the jury.
    my question is straightforward. Does a convicted criminal have a right to employment after serving his time ?
    I would also pose the hypothetical question, based on what we know about the characters of Ched Evans and Gary Madine, which one would be the greatest threat to society ?
    Be honest.

Banno, quit while your behind mate. 'Has he really been punished'?
    Have you ever spent 2.5 years in prison ?

I wasn't even going to comment on this thread tbh but you seem to be making out that two and a half years is enough BM for a dirty rapist b@atard...

Believe me, it's not.

They should have locked him up and thrown away the key.
    People who commit rape are most definitely the scum of the earth...His victim will still be having nightmares and this will probably effect her for the rest of her life bless her.

And to answer your question BM...No, he should never be employed EVER again by anyone for the rest of his miserable dirty life...There is no points scoring here...It's just the way I feel..And if he'd played for Wednesday I would feel exactly the same way.

Wow Braggy you seem an angry young man.
    I won't even attempt to discuss this with you as you seem to have lost all rationality.

All I've lost mate is a niece...She was a wonderful young lady, full of life and happy..All that was before she was raped though last year...So yeah mate, I am angry, very fckin angry.

She has nightmares most nights about this...She slept at our house last week and in the morning when the postman delivered a letter she spotted him at the door and ran back into the living room screaming the house down because she thought he was trying to break in to get her ..That's just one of many little things that affects her...There's plenty more...So yeah BM you can discuss this with me but I'll tell you something mate, I know every detail of what this b@stard did to her and how it has fcked her mind up big time...So come on, let's discuss how two and a half years is enough for scum like this!

That's a horrible and sobering story mate, but as I suspected, for that reason you're the last person to have this debate with. I hope your Niece gets over it quickly.

Cheers BM...I won't be posting on this subject again...Shouldn't have done to start with...
    I know first hand how it affects the victim and really do believe this will last a lifetime for her..Yep, years will go by and time does heal a bit but it will never leave her...Her nerves are shot now and her life will never be the same but she has a great family that will look out for her every day.
    people will only realise how bad it is for the victim when it happens to someone close...It's a horrible feeling mate and knowing every detail, because she broke down one night and tols me everything, is the worst feeling of all.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)