+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Corky's lovingly-tended allotment

re: Corky's lovingly-tended allotment

Quote Originally Posted by Corkhead

You can probably guess what's coming...
    Erm no.
    Thankfully I cannot read your mind. Neither, I guess could Sigmund Freud.[/quote]
    Sighs...

After some deep meditation, it's down to how best to populate your plot.

How to invigorate it. How to give it some pazazz. How assuage your loneliness during those long, muddy hours.

I may have the glimmer of an idea that I feel sure will bring you comfort and solace. Is that the right word?

It's all coming together.

After gazing at your plot for several hours, it is obvious to the trained analyst that there is simply no-one else around. You are totally devoid of any human contact. There is nobody to encourage and support you.

My thoughts then were drawn to the classic theme in literature of 'The Man Alone'. How can you survive the rigours of gardening in all weathers without the throb of the throng; the bustle of belonging; the companionship of your fellows?

But there remains the question of who best provides what you so desperately need?

I have the answer!

No need for despair!

The perfect solution for your solitude!

The perfect answer for your angst!

The perfect fit for a man of your stature!

I will now devote many hours to drawing up plans for the allotment of your dreams...

[b] [size=6]

From this grey, dour, dull

unpopulated world of the unloved...

...to this exciting, vibrant

pulsating extravaganza of the lovable!

Quote Originally Posted by pfclassof61
    Been potting Geraniums as I normally do at this time of the year. Weather so bad on Hayling that the yearly St Georges music festival has been postponed till August
    Blimey! That's a lot of bad weather coming your way![/quote] More than 3 months yes is a little excessive

Quote Originally Posted by Corkhead
    Good God that man has an eye for perfect bottoms. Stop it i say! Yes stop it!
    See above.[/quote]

An arse is an arse as you well know.

Quote Originally Posted by pfclassof61
    [b] [size=6]

From this grey, dour, dull

unpopulated world of the unloved...

...to this exciting, vibrant

pulsating extravaganza of the lovable!

A gnome allotment theme park. It has the Wow factor. I love it.

One small point. The shed far right belongs to Gooseberry Reynolds. He looks too much like the reclining gnome on the roof for him to allow it. His missus would think he's skiving. Other than that and assuming approval from the Town Council (who may have issues with the topless gnomette and the mooner) it's a winner.

Send the bill to Flea Beetle Hall.

Now I know where my glorified sheds neighbours gnomes have vanished to

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)