+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No coffee, fats,sugers or dairy. Just shoot me now.

No coffee, fats,sugers or dairy. Just shoot me now.

After some symptoms I went to my GP who ordered a liver function test. The results showed highly elevated liver chemicals which indicated a sluggish toxic liver that needs a rest and a boost. So juices,fruits and vegetables that the liver needs to sparkle is it.

Day one. Headache. No caffeine. Hungry. Itchy.

Slight urge to throw stuff.

Anyone else on a special restricted diet?

re: No coffee, fats,sugers or dairy. Just shoot me now.

It's called working in CQ.

I've never eaten so healthily in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by ozfan

OK, well, if you're sure ...

BAN ... Nope, sorry Oz, I can't do it ...

*Ducks to avoid flying object, before retreating to safety behind the sofa.

Ouch, that sounds like a big bundle of things to have to give up all at the same time, especially, if I remember correctly, you're not so fond of veggies?

I've done the caffeine withdrawal thing a couple of years back. Not for any underlying health issues as such, I had just been drinking far too much Diet Pepsi - not great for a natural owl, who has loads of energy at night, but whose head is velcroed to the pillow in the morning. Had tried cutting down without too much success, so decided, against everyone's advice to just stop drinking it. Felt like death warmed up for about 5 days. Well, okay, maybe an exaggeration, but felt like I'd got flu - headaches, mu

Cont ...

I'm eating too much of it (love cheese)/feeling guilty about animal welfare. I'll be honest, the alternatives aren't brilliant (and not necessarily too healthy as can be loaded with syrup), but almond milk is okayish if you're blending fruit 'milk' shake/smoothie, and if you're missing ice cream, half frozen/defrosted raspberries and bananas blended together can make a nice sorbet, assuming you like raspberies and bananas, that is!

I always think restrictive diets of any kind are particularly tough for guys, as you need so much more energy than us girls, but I'm sure you'll start feel like a zesty new man once you get through the initial tough bit!

PS. Let me know when it's safe to come out from behind the sofa.

Quote Originally Posted by ozfan
    After some symptoms I went to my GP who ordered a liver function test. The results showed highly elevated liver chemicals which indicated a sluggish toxic liver that needs a rest and a boost. So juices,fruits and vegetables that the liver needs to sparkle is it.

Nope.

Liver, eh.. Sure it's not the alcohol at work. My own gamma tests went from stratospheric to top of the class when I cut down on the old vino / pivo.

Might do the trick rather than some irksome diet ?

Sounds awful, bloody hard too I bet, I'd proper struggle to be fair.

I don't have a restricted diet but I have to take a tablet once a day for the rest of my life, have to take it an hour before I eat and if I don't I suffer from real bad reflux and it takes me days to recover properly.

Just a quick visit. Thanks for your inputs.

Well my symptoms went down hill since. Turned yellow. Unbearable itching and a few more nasties.

Turns out to be not a sluggish liver but Hepatotoxicity from a recent coarse of amoxicllin Clavulanate antibiotics.

Be informed before taking this prescription. It's not the Amoxicillin but the Clavulanate combination.

Just have to wait and see how damaged my Liver is. - view external link

That's crappy Oz.

I hope there is no damage internally.

Hey handsome!

Lots of positive thoughts, hugs, and love are currently winging their way to Auckland, so should be with you in about ... well, just about now, really. Plenty more to follow too.

Immediate reaction of anger that you were prescribed something so toxic, but that's not going to help, so I won't go there. Thanks for sharing the information on the drug and making us all aware.

I'm guessing you won't feel like posting much at the moment, but let us know how you get on with your tests. Keeping everything crossed. Knowing you, I'm sure you will anyway, but make sure you ask lots of questions as to what you can be doing now to counter the effects.

Anything at all I, or we can do to help, then you know you only have to shout.

In the meantime, you take good care of yourself, Oz.

Winnie xxx

Get well soon oz.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)