+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The last day!

The last day!

Well, at least it's in our own hands still. The nerves would have been a bit better "if only" we'd have won Easter Monday, but we could have said that about so many games.

It's going to take a heroic effort next week as it really is do or die. Us as well as the players have got to turn out. It would be good if they'd drop the prices for on the day fans-get the ground as full as we can and get behind them, doubt if they'd consider it though. C.O.Y.R.!!!!

re: The last day!

Well it's been a pretty good day,I'd say.Results have gone fairly well and by my reckoning we just have to match whatever Tranmere do to ensure we retain third division status.
    Should be a bumper gate next Saturday.Hopefully 8,000 plus.

Yep, it could have been so much worse today if Tranmere had won.

We just have to treat next Saturday as a cup final, would we be worried if we had to play Preston in the JPT final?

OK they will want a result to stay 3rd, but they will also want to avoid injuries, red cards etc.
    We should want it more, our reward for this particular game is greater then theirs...and we may have a certain Arsenal loanee back

So onto the 3rd, it would be great to fill the ground...lets encourage everyone we can to go. What a day it will be, one way or another!

Why is it that I feel worse now than after the Colchester game?
    I will get over it by saturday though.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexmaverick
    Well it's been a pretty good day,I'd say.Results have gone fairly well and by my reckoning we just have to match whatever Tranmere do to ensure we retain third division status.
    Should be a bumper gate next Saturday.Hopefully 8,000 plus.
    I agree with you Alexmaverick 'cos Carlisle just couldn't...COULD THEY??????............

Lookin forward to it!. Its going to be a classic last day game - love it when a cheer goes up as news from elsewhere starts to filter through about a goal etc etc
    I think we'll do it, we've got to be positive. Lets have a decent gate - anything less than 8k would be disappointing.

Good luck folks.If you draw will you stay up?

Quote Originally Posted by OgerAlex
    Lookin forward to it!. Its going to be a classic last day game - love it when a cheer goes up as news from elsewhere starts to filter through about a goal etc etc
    I think we'll do it, we've got to be positive. Lets have a decent gate - anything less than 8k would be disappointing.
    Totally agree oger. Something special about these games. They have been rare at crewe over the years but very similar to 2005 except this time it is totally in our hands (so hopefully can avoid that horrible 5 minutes waiting on the pitch for the other result). Should be 8k plus but I doubt. Anyone with an interest in crewe should be there on Saturday!