+ Visit Birmingham City FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2011 all over again.

re: 2011 all over again.

Whatever combination you put out I'm afraid that most of the players are just not good enough. Whilst Zigic walks on water, for some, the ludicrous contract that he was given has meant that the club has been drowning financially ever since we were relegated from the Premiership and every talented player has gone.
    With the removal of King and Davies, to pay for his wages, we lost our best striker and our best defender and have been floundering ever since.
    As Bolt points out we may even have problems putting together a squad for next season. So much of what has happened to us in the last few seasons is symptomatic of all that is wrong in modern football.
    Rg

you cant blame zigic for staying loyal to his contract, all he did was sign it , he didnt write it , the owners of the club did , for all of his faults zigic is actually the best player at the club,dont forget he played for his country and at the world cup finals , its easy to forget and he will be the last player of that quality we will see at st andrews for some time , none of the managers understood how to get the best out of him, when the ball into him is of quality he scores , its not some weird science

You miss the point Bassy, in trying to defend your idol. What I was saying was that every decent player in the club has had to be sold off to service that contract which has served to underline BIHL' s total mismanagement of the club' s finances. If you think that the 20 million pounds spent on him has been good value for money, in getting us relegated to the third division of football, then that is another argument.
    Rg

spion for a start he's not my idol,and i do understand the mismanagement of the club , lets face it the whole funding of the side we had around ziggy was a punt by CY and his cohorts, relegation exposed just how much of a punt it was, but too many fans cant see past ziggys wages , they only see a player being misused by managers and judge him on those performances.The state of the clubs position in the league has nothing to do with zig and everything to do with a nut job of a manager who 1/ does not know his number one side even now 2 games from the end of the season and 2/ can't stop tinkering and playing players out of position 3/ playing formations that over complicate things . we just need basics , load the bases and get the ball in

Quote Originally Posted by twofootedchallenge
    what's this a mutual reach around club?

Rotten to the core! Hope you go down in flames.

Bolton are turd but you are worse!
    Well done, I wonder if this contribution is massively better than either of the 2 club posts recorded against your? Thanks too for your good wishes and cheery observations born of a razor-like investigative mind and a lemon-zest wit.

Well said Bassman; Zigic is not the problem that lies off the field but the sad thing is that on the field he has had the potential to be the solution, but has not often been allowed to be. Although he was better used, the same remark also applies to the late Chucho Benitez

Not the only odd player signing made before this season; Alexander Hleb anyone? How did he fit in and what was that about?

Now I think I'll go back to reading Russian novels and listening to Nick Cave to cheer myself up a bit...

4-4-2 4-4-2 4-4-2

remember !! The Big Ginge

its happening again

I was right that time, and Bassy you are probably right this time, might as well try it although Wigan have a strong midfield

Well like Kiwi I'm a million miles from the action so to speak but must say the teams slide down the table has become very depressing,I have in many ways given Clark the benefit of the doubt because of the clubs situation,but can agree with the many who find Clark's week by week meddling perhaps more of a problem than the problem itself.

Forgetting injuries and the odd suspension I cannot get my head round getting loan players like Macheda,Martin and Howard for specific purposes talking them up and then not building a team around them as well as only giving them an occasional game or off the bench its like he see's no crisis is half way up the table and wants to give the whole squad a run before seasons end and I'm doubting now his call to arm's just does'nt register with the players at all,well in two games the saga will end hope we have a happy ending,for me its Lee Clarks last call hope he gets it right.KRO

Quote Originally Posted by twofootedchallenge
    Bolton are turd
    No...not "turd"...third. And that would be Derby. Bolton are four****th.

And to take it all the way, Bolton is turd...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)