+ Visit Wigan Athletic FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We've blown it!

re: We've blown it!

[quote="laticRMI"]I reckon that just about does it for this season - for the ump****th game recently, all bar the Semi- and the Reading game, we were total garbage from back to front, and, I have to say, Uwe got it wrong again with his team selection.

We've lost to the mighty Millwall at home, we were humbled at Burnley, and now this. We just don't look like a promotion team any more - way too inconsistent with too little fight and cutting edge. We allow lesser players to bully us, and our defensive 5, without Ramis and Carson look like leaking goals every time the opposition get beyond half way. Whether our key players, like McArthur, Boyce and Gomez are just knackered, I don't know, but it sure ain't looking good. Birmingham and Blackburn will be pretty confident, I'm sure. I think I'm going off Rosler, too. All this 'well, if it wasn't for me, we'd be nowhere near the play offs' stuff sounds like he's becoming a bit defensive about himself - don't like i

[quote="laticRMI"]I reckon that just about does it for this season - for the ump****th game recently, all bar the Semi- and the Reading game, we were total garbage from back to front, and, I have to say, Uwe got it wrong again with his team selection.

We've lost to the mighty Millwall at home, we were humbled at Burnley, and now this. We just don't look like a promotion team any more - way too inconsistent with too little fight and cutting edge. We allow lesser players to bully us, and our defensive 5, without Ramis and Carson look like leaking goals every time the opposition get beyond half way. Whether our key players, like McArthur, Boyce and Gomez are just knackered, I don't know, but it sure ain't looking good. Birmingham and Blackburn will be pretty confident, I'm sure. I think I'm going off Rosler, too. All this 'well, if it wasn't for me, we'd be nowhere near the play offs' stuff sounds like he's becoming a bit defensive about himself - don't like i

Let's be honest, mate, Burnley are not much better - they've benefited by being the least worst of a bad bunch this season. They'll be hammered in the Prem, no doubt about it. That fast and furious, kick and hope kind of football will soon be found out at the higher level. At least with Latics, if we did go up, we'd have more of a chance of staying there for more than one season.

PS As a Wigan fan, I feel I have the right to criticise my own team whereas you don't qualify, so stay on your own board in future, please.

If we had Rosler all season we would have walked away with the title .. no doubt about that ..
    Burnley have done well and have kept a settled squad with few injuries..
    back they come dropping like a stone next year ..
    They havent got what it takes to stay up in the big league..
    They have enjoyed the promotion party and will find out the reality like they did a couple of seasons ago..

a message for the Rossendale Claret, go forth and multiply.

Get back to your own board and give it a rest.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)