+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Predictions! 3/5/14

re: Predictions! 3/5/14

Its worth remembering that we beat Preston home and away last season, and beat them earlier this season after coming off a terrible result against Fleetwood in the JPT if memory serves me right?
    What Im trying to say is that they are very beatable
    I think we'll do it but its gonna be a nail biter. In a warped kinda way Im enjoying all this !!

Its difficult to determine how teams are going to perform. Over the weekend Colchester met Brentford who were odss on to win, unfortunately for us Brentford didn't turn up and Colchester got the 3 points. I suppose the only difference between Brentford and Preston is that Brentford were already promoted and definitely had nothing to play for, Preston on the other hand will not want to go into the play-offs on the back of a loss, so its going to be difficult. Personally I think our best hope is for Carlisle to fail to win there game in hand on Tuesday and get relegated and for Tranmere to get beat on Saturday. At least its in our hands, Tranmere not only have to win but have to rely on other results, as for Notts County, I think they are safe they are the in form team and look unbeatable so its between us and Tranmere, hopefully Carlisle will be down by Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by OgerAlex
    In a warped kinda way Im enjoying all this !!

I said something similar the other day, although I did find myself puzzling why.
    Yes, we'd all like to be safe now.
    Yes, we'd all like to start planning for League 1 next season.
    Yes, we'd hate to get relegated.

But we're not!
    We are where we are!
    Let's at least enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe
    In a warped kinda way Im enjoying all this !!

I said something similar the other day, although I did find myself puzzling why.
    Yes, we'd all like to be safe now.
    Yes, we'd all like to start planning for League 1 next season.
    Yes, we'd hate to get relegated.

But we're not!
    We are where we are!
    Let's at least enjoy it![/quote]

They sound like the lyrics for a Smiths football related song!

I'm clutching at straws now but is there any bad blood between Preston and Tranmere?

I had a look at a Preston site and according to them their manager is going to field a strong side with an attacking intent!

Quote Originally Posted by PAULCAFC
    I had a look at a Preston site and according to them their manager is going to field a strong side with an attacking intent!
    That might suit us, as we hit them on the break. Surely it is now time for our luck to change at home. I know that the lads have played badly at Gresty Road on countless occasions this season, but have also been unlucky on others, notably when they were beaten by Orient and Coventry. We need a performance on a par to the one against Sheffield United on February 1st. I hope also that Preston are as bad as the Blades were on that occasion too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12