+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Tribal Nature of Some Fans

re: The Tribal Nature of Some Fans

You're right Romanis, there does appear to be a few who want to take it to extremes:

Quote Originally Posted by forrestgump
    would you like to meet me
    I ****ing hate you

And I didn't even take the p!ss out of him putting 'foa elite' in his title!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie
    You're right Romanis, there does appear to be a few who want to take it to extremes:

I ****ing hate you

wrong thread, please keep to the original topic, thank you

Back to the original topic, I have a daughter and we live in a majority West Ham supporting area, it would not bother me if she fancied following them but if my family and I did live in Derby then her following Derby would make my teeth itch but her happy ness is my priority so I'd have to suffer it I'd never force her to support Forest, it'll make life interesting but my wife has got her wicked way and my daughter hates football so that won't happen. As for me wearing a sheep shirt then the answer would be a massive no no.

I ****ing hate you

I think he meant "for our asshole"

Quote Originally Posted by es***red52

I ****ing hate you

wrong thread, please keep to the original topic, thank you [/quote]

So his post has no relevance to "The Tribal Nature of Some Fans"?

Come on es***, even you aren't that stupid.

I ****ing hate you

wrong thread, please keep to the original topic, thank you [/quote]

So his post has no relevance to "The Tribal Nature of Some Fans"?

Come on es***, even you aren't that stupid.[/quote] I'm as bright as an eclipse elite, ask my misses

Think those of us who were following Forest in the 70s were all a bit tribal & guess it stays with you to a point.

Im guessing this is partly where my being "a rugby fan who follows football" comes to the fore. I hate nobody, I support Derby.

When Forest won the European cup (I'm not sure folk know you did (TWICE!)) I was happy - both because i am happy when a british club succeeds and i was happy for players like O'Hare and Brian himself that they had achieved what was cruelly robbed from them before.

I have no problem giving and taking stick for results (trust me teaching in Mansfield is giving me great times at present). But everyone I know is sensible enough to understand life is important and football is something to enjoy.

I agree that the "tribal" nature is not great when taken too far - but Pride park (sorry the iPRO) was absolutely rocking for the last game and to completely disregard rivalries would lessen that to some extent (take american sport which is so bland as to be beige).

As my friend who is welsh is wont to say during the six nations "I now reserve the right to not like you

[quote="Addisons_a_monster" comes to the fore. I hate nobody, I support Derby.

When Forest won the European cup (I'm not sure folk know you did (TWICE!)) I was happy - both because i am happy when a british club succeeds and i was happy for players like O'Hare and Brian himself that they had achieved what was cruelly robbed from them before.

I have no problem giving and taking stick for results (trust me teaching in Mansfield is giving me great times at present). But everyone I know is sensible enough to understand life is important and football is something to enjoy.

I agree that the "tribal" nature is not great when taken too far - but Pride park (sorry the iPRO) was absolutely rocking for the last game and to completely disregard rivalries would lessen that to some extent (take american sport which is so bland as to be beige).

As my friend who is welsh is wont to say during t

I'm not saying i disagree with addisonsamonster but boy have i had my fill of sanctimonious rugby fans...if it's not

"we call the ref sir and respect him"

it's

"our fans can sit next to each other in stadiums without conflict"

etc etc ad nausium.

**** me...i've never seen a footy player stick his finger in a opposing players backside!!. They are very different sports (one unarguably being a hell of a lot more passionately supported than the other for good or bad)

TBH i think id rather have to deal with a nobhead footy hooligan than get another lecture about how much better rugby players and fans are than footy players and fans.

Apologies for the rant it's just this is becoming more and more prevalent and more and more tiring.

It's coming to something when I agree with a sheep, but yes your right...No one condones violence, I have been at the sharp end at wolves many moons ago, but as I said this was part & parcel following Forest in the 70s, I hate the music blaring out upto kick off, lets have a bit more atmosphere at matches, I'm sure many who were in the old Trent End will agree.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast