+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Target 10,000 v PNE.

Target 10,000 v PNE.

Right,we've a week to get the word about.Let's try and fill G.R. for this ***** game.The Nobbers have done their bit by selling their allocation so now it's up to the public of Crewe and south Cheshire to do theirs.Spread the word.

re: Target 10,000 v PNE.

The Alex can help here. Drop the price for on the day fans, or "customer number only" We only managed 8,000+ for the JPT semi, this game is way more important, but I don't think the casual walk up fan will pay A?21.. come on Mr Bowler et al.. do your bit and drop the admission fee.. you know you want to!!

Ive long advocated dropping prices for certain games, esp GRE prices, but I think any kind of offer on prices has been left too late for this one - a number of tickets have probably already been sold and also Preston could also potentially kick up a fuss
    Basically we need the latent fans show up for this - we took 14k plus to Wembley - if only half of them were to show up it'd make for a very decent gate

Sorry, just for once let's look after our own fans price wise. We've been mugged off plenty of times on admission fees as away fans.

To be honest I don't think this is neccessarily the type of game where we need to be looking at price reduction incentives.It's a *****ly important fixture and it should 'sell itself',so to speak.

Personally, I cannot see the attendance being anywhere near to the 10,000 mark. The last Bank Holiday fixture saw just 4,400 Alex fans in attendance, with about two hundred from Colchester cheering their team on.

Preston of course is a bigger pull. They will bring 2,300 fans and that added to our hard core, with perhaps an extra 500 walk up supporters, gives us a grand total of 7,200.

As it is a Bank Holiday, I still think that the figure I have mentioned is a little on the optimistic side, especially considering that there were just 6,400 at the Wolves match. Some folk will be going away for the weekend and others simply cannot afford the cost of watching a football match, even though it is such an important game. I think that we will be lucky to even get near to the 7,000 mark on Saturday.

A?5 a ticket then yes, but A?21 not a chance!

Surely we can muster at least 6k home fans for the most important game of the season??!. We all know football is expensive and the season has been crap, but this is make or break. Really hoping people turn out

at the wigan v blackpool game over the weekend blackpool gave 3000 thousand free tickets away to season ticket holders...and blackpool won. Why cant we do something similiar...say adult tickets a fiver and a quid a kid ? But thats not going to happen is it ?

For the fans who have not bought ST's this season and yet have been along time after time to support the Alex through a horrible 9 months, I can see the point of reducing the ticket price.
    For the Alex as a club I see it as a pointless gesture.
    If we are going to pay the wages of the 'big signing' that's rumoured, plus the increased wages for those who will move from Academy to 1st team, then we need every bit of cash that can be generated.

Maybe hand out a Creme Egg to everybody. :-(

Personally I'd rather the Stewards were told that NO Preston fans are allowed to invade the pitch. That would be a good way to end the season - apart from a victory, that is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast