+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your best bit of football memorabilia?

re: What's your best bit of football memorabilia?

One of my more unusual items is one of Mike Stowells shin pads thrown into the away end at fratton park a few years ago. Yes I only managed to grab one.

Quote Originally Posted by Woking88
    Great find Tundra. Perhaps that could go on the Wolves thread as well?
    Good suggestion, Wokes, it has now been added to the Wolves thread...

A programme of the First Cup Final at the new Wembley between Bolton Wanderers and West Ham played on 28th April 1923. This was where the policeman on the white horse controlled the crowd that spilled on to the pitch.Two cigarette ads Morris's 20 fags for 1/- (5p) and Pinnace 20 cigs for 11 1/2d (just under 5p
    Found the programme on a market stall amongst other programmes years ago,think I gave a quid for a box full.Not bad biz !!

Quote Originally Posted by TundraWolf
    For years I had that 'It's Ours Again' Sporting Star, published in gold, from 1960, and I had kept it in mint condition. But it got lost during one of our house moves. Don't think I ever quite got over it
    Either of these match, PKB?

[/quote]

Yep - the top one Tundra

Quote Originally Posted by greystone16
    A programme of the First Cup Final at the new Wembley between Bolton Wanderers and West Ham played on 28th April 1923. This was where the policeman on the white horse controlled the crowd that spilled on to the pitch.Two cigarette ads Morris's 20 fags for 1/- (5p) and Pinnace 20 cigs for 11 1/2d (just under 5p
    Found the programme on a market stall amongst other programmes years ago,think I gave a quid for a box full.Not bad biz !!
    Greystone, the following may be of interest:-

Official programme for the 1923 FA Cup Final between Bolton Wanderers and West Ham United, played at Wembley. This was the first FA Cup Final to be held at Wembley Stadium and became known as the famous "White Horse Final", when the vast crowd spilled onto the pitch and were pushed back by a policeman riding a white horse.

Central vertical crease, staples removed to prevent rusting. A good copy of this extremely rare programme.

Date:1923

Priced at 1,90

Yes I know it's quite valuable Wokes and whilst mine is in pretty good condition, I think AŁ1900 is for an almost mint one.

Wokes,I have just been watching an online auction site Sporting Gold Ltd on the-saleroom.com,a sale of sporting memorabilla and interestingly they have just sold a 1923 Cup Final programme for AŁ680. Other sales of interest,1924 Villa v Newcastle AŁ950,1925 Cardiff v Sheff U AŁ1050,1931 B-ham v WBA AŁ450,1939 Wolves v Portsmouth AŁ140 and 1936 League 1 Wolves v Middlesborough AŁ320. Old programmes are making good money.

Quote Originally Posted by greystone16
    Wokes,I have just been watching an online auction site Sporting Gold Ltd on the-saleroom.com,a sale of sporting memorabilla and interestingly they have just sold a 1923 Cup Final programme for Ai680. Other sales of interest,1924 Villa v Newcastle Ai950,1925 Cardiff v Sheff U Ai1050,1931 B-ham v WBA Ai450,1939 Wolves v Portsmouth Ai140 and 1936 League 1 Wolves v Middlesborough Ai320. Old programmes are making good money.
    That certainly is a very interesting site, Greystone as I have over 3,500 programmes to sell. The oldest is Wolves v Charlton 27 August 1945 and there are quite a lot of pre-1964 programmes in that lot. They are all listed on the computer, but I have given a few away and I need to check through the list to see what is missing - sometime!

Off the top of my head I know I own a 1960 FA Cup final, both league cup final's, sherpa van final, Texaco cup final and the Honved match programme's.

Got a history of Wolverhampton Wanderer's book signed by a few players including Frank Munro and Dave Wagstaffe.

Also own a Lledo model bus with Wolverhampton Wanderers on the side of it.

Been an avid collector of Wolves Memorabilia for some years now and have quite a few pieces,from signed shirts including a genuine early 70's one signed by both Dougan and Richards, signed books, Waggy, Doog, Ted Farmer, Stan Cullis, etc to signed prints like the Wolves greats print signed initially by Billy Wright and Steve Bull and since added to with the signatures of Mike Bailey, Ron Flowers,Malcolm Finlayson Bert Williams, John Richards, Also have one of the early number 'Champions' prints signed by Jody Craddock which I am working on getting signed by members of the 2008/9 team pictured I used to collect programmes but it was getting out of control!! Some of my favourites include Both Programmes from the 1st and 2nd legs of the 1972 UEFA Cup final the home one being signed by the scorers on the night (Jim McCalliog and Martin Chivers and 1974 League cup final prog signed by the two Kings and scorers for us on the day Kenny Hibbitt and John Richards.
    My love for the History of thi

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)