+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What a stupid rule!

What a stupid rule!

Who goes to football on there own????

The ticket sales rules for the playoffs are stupid. I can't get a season ticket as due to work I won't know from one week to the next if I can make it until a couple of days before. When I do go a buy two tickets one for me and one for my other half.

As it stands I've been to 17 home games this season with her. Cost me more than a Season Ticket each. Just went to get playoff home tickets as I've booked leave. Turns out I can only get 1 ticket to sit on my own. Every time I bought 2 it was under just my customer number, no amount of reasoning with them could change the rules. I've now got to enter the lottery of General Sale on Tueday with all the glory seekers.

Joke!

re: What a stupid rule!

Yeah I can see why that would **** you off. A common sense approach to it would be nice, but it's a case of 'computer says no'. Feel for you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sma11ytheRam

The ticket sales rules for the playoffs are stupid. I can't get a season ticket as due to work I won't know from one week to the next if I can make it until a couple of days before. When I do go a buy two tickets one for me and one for my other half.

As it stands I've been to 17 home games this season with her. Cost me more than a Season Ticket each. Just went to get playoff home tickets as I've booked leave. Turns out I can only get 1 ticket to sit on my own. Every time I bought 2 it was under just my customer number, no amount of reasoning with them could change the rules. I've now got to enter the lottery of General Sale on Tueday with all the glory seekers.

Joke!
    disgraceful mate. if I were you I'd set your missus up with a customer number and buy them separate 'technically' next season.

won't help you this time round but at least you won't have the same balls up next year if we'r

Tweet John Vicars.

I guess they are trying to restict sales to ST's only but I can see your point.

Take it partially back. Been back to ticket office and managed to finally talk with someone who saw some sense (after asking to speak to a manager).

Two tickets bought!

COYR!

Smally you could have always left her at home to do some knitting or wash a few dishes

Just joking mate glad you got it sorted

Quote Originally Posted by Sma11ytheRam

Joke!
    Didn't I tell you about the running if such things earlier in the season!

Try speaking to Sam Rush about it ... That should be fun ... I'll look forward to hearing back

Quote Originally Posted by Rattea

Joke!
    Didn't I tell you about the running if such things earlier in the season!

Try speaking to Sam Rush about it ... That should be fun ... I'll look forward to hearing back [/quote

I had a very similar situation - my son is a Young Ram member (i.e. 4 home tickets I would be ok to buy a second ticket but I had to use his membership number - after much questioning they eventually sold me the second ticket but bearing in mind I had made two trips from Nottingham to secure two tickets I would have been less than impressed if they hadn't seen sense.

Can't believe they expect couples or families to buy tickets individually to get unique memberships.

I realise there are always unusual circumstances when dealing with ticket allocations but you would have thought that these circumstances are fairly clear-cut.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)