+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T NHL

re: O/T NHL

I agree fully with your concerns, Prem, obviously a large hole in the NHS which needs to be plugged at some point in time. It would be nice though if Woody could take advantage of that open door before it is slammed shut on him!

Robus & Michigan, do either of you ever attend NHL games? I know you are both some distance away from team arenas. I used to go to the odd Montreal Canadiens' game when I lived in Montreal, but back then it was very difficult to get a ticket. Season ticket holders often left them in their wills to fortunate relatives.

I caught on to Junior hockey a few years ago and now go from time-to-time to Vancouver Giants, Victoria Royals and Kamloops Blazers games. Tickets are often 1/5th of the cost of the cheapest NHL ticket, are readily available and the juniors, age 16-20, are all hustling to get a professional contract. The players live with families in their community, attend the local school and take part in charity events and fund raisers. Great for community spirit!

I've never attended. I'm about as plastic a Hawk fan as they come! I only get interested in hockey when playoff time comes around, and then only if there is a team I can cheer for. It's just good to see a Chicago team winning something.

Hawks play at the United Center on the west side of Chicago. It's about 25 miles from me as the crow flies, closer to 35 driving. Probably about an hour's drive factoring in traffic.

Anyone but Montreal please Us (plastic) Leafs fans will never hear the end of it .

Went for LA at the start of the play-offs but not so sure now

Quote Originally Posted by nldfc
    Anyone but Montreal please Us (plastic) Leafs fans will never hear the end of it .

Montreal Canadiens have won the Stanley Cup 24 times, Toronto 13. I will admit there is one thing the Leafs have that Montreal doesn't have...black & white pictures of their last Cup win (1967)

Welcome aboard nld, does your handle suggest you are living on "the Rock" or does it relate to Dundee United in some manner (both wild guesses)? I was born in Montreal and lived there most of my life, I am now outside Vancouver.

Quote Originally Posted by TundraWolf

Montreal Canadiens have won the Stanley Cup 24 times, Toronto 13. I will admit there is one thing the Leafs have that Montreal doesn't have...black & white pictures of their last Cup win (1967)

Welcome aboard nld, does your handle suggest you are living on "the Rock?"[/quote]

Here you go Tundra, he replied in thread below. - view external link

Thanks '71, I had missed that one.

So nld, I've never been to Newfoundland but would like to visit sometime. My wife and I have talked about it but it is often cheaper and faster (direct flight) to fly to London, England, from Vancouver, than to visit "The Rock!"

So nld, I've never been to Newfoundland but would like to visit sometime. My wife and I have talked about it but it is often cheaper and faster (direct flight) to fly to London, England, from Vancouver, than to visit "The Rock!"
    He follows Dundee, not to be mistaken for Dundee United, he posts on Dundee Mad, may find him on there every now and again.

Usually attend 2-3 Wings games a year. I go to more Univ. of Michigan games than anything else as they play in my favorite venue in sports. Hockey, much like footy, is not done justice on TV. Hockey is a magnificent spectator sport.

One of the drawbacks about staying in Newfoundland is that its very expensive to get on and off the bloody Island - Great place to visit , people here are great and plenty boozers .Originally came here to do a job in 97 - came back and forward to do a few follow up jobs and eventually just stayed in 2001
    People seem to forget that Newfoundland is closer to London than it is to Edmonton - when the direct flights are on I can be in Heathrow in less than 5 hours

Used to watch the Leafs farm team when they were based here so by default ended up as a Leafs fan (follower probably a better word )

Never had a chance to visit Vancouver yet - on my bucket list to get a couple

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)