+ Visit Doncaster Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PAUL DICKOV

re: PAUL DICKOV

We started last season with high hopes of a financial injection and talk of getting to the Premiership and Paul Dickov guaranteeing our survival in the Championship through his list of valuable contacts.

All he delivered to us was a place in League One. What happened to all these wonderful players he brought in? Macheda could only score 3 for us, and yet he can go to Birmingham and score 10 in 18 matches. I still say Dickov cannot motivate and drive a team to success.

I am sick of hearing Donny play "nice football" but as an Owls friend of mine says, we pass the ball all day but don't get it in the net. Billy Sharp will work his goolies off running about the whole match but only score 4 in the season. Who cares that we can string together 28 or so passes when we come 22nd at the end of the season. The team needs to learn to win at all cost and give up the "nice Football" approach. It's no good Dickov saying he wants players who play the "Donny way" if that's means losing.

We need a

Tell me why does this site attract the least understanding of all Rovers fans?Achieves one goal though,it keeps the numpties and windup merchants off our proper site,job done.Anyone not understand that, Rovers fan or not?

Thank you donnygadgy for your constructive, articulate, intelligent and well thought-out arguments against my opinions of the lacklustre performance this season. Thought of joining a debating society? Well done, you have actually managed 3 sentences.

It's nice to know that we have better class and play better football than Barnsley. Maybe that's why they have been in the Premiership and Donny has not and I don't suppose ever will be. We need a change in attitude and a drive to win instead of the apathy that is endemic in the club (and supporters like yourself) and considers last season to be acceptable. Other teams get the best from quality players, but for some reason Donny rarely does. Where is the drive and ambition that a manager should generate?

If you think I am one of "the least understanding of all Rovers fans" then why don't you use your grey matter to educate me. I am quite happy to understand why anyone can consider relegation to be a successful year and a good investmen

Tell me Donnygadgy, if this site is inferior to the one which you prefer to use and is the domaine of numpties, etc - why does a knowledgable, intellectual like yourself keep straying on to it.
    Are you some sort of Vikings inspired missionary tasked to help numpties mend their ways. If so, it is a great pity that they chose such an inept, ill educated person to do such an important job.

Isn't DG an Administrator on this site?

Quote Originally Posted by oscarhold
    Tell me Donnygadgy, if this site is inferior to the one which you prefer to use and is the domaine of numpties, etc - why does a knowledgable, intellectual like yourself keep straying on to it. If so, it is a great pity that they chose such an inept, ill educated person to do such an important job.
    And what is that "important job"?

Quote Originally Posted by Septus
    We need to get rid of the brickies and this apology for a manager otherwise we will only go one way. My only positive from this is that I have not renewed my ticket.
    That comment could only come from someone that hasnt supported Donny very long,of course i could be wrong,perhaps you were stood next to me on the terraces at Belle Vue in the mid '70's when Rovers were regularly in the bottom four of the lowest league? We would've loved to be where Rovers are now!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverTop60
    I am quite happy to understand why anyone can consider relegation to be a successful year and a good investment for season ticket holders who would be better off with other clubs.
    Ive read that and re-read that and i still dont have a clue what the feck it means,and you wonder why i only look at this site very very occasionally? Do yourself a favour,have a look at all the main posters in the right hand column,they have all gone,why?

He means ( and says ) he is happy for you to educate him.

Quote Originally Posted by madirishsupporter
    He means ( and says ) he is happy for you to educate him.
    I have done and wasted too much time on this shyte site,if anyone isn't aware JR explained to those that were online 7 years ago he brought TB and DW onto the board because he couldn't fund an attempt at getting to the Championship without them,therefore there would be no promotions,no JPT trophy...by the way i dont spend much time on here probably because of arseholes like yourself,i can give no better answer than for anyone to look at the post league table below and ask why they don't post on here anymore,some of who i know and have met,they,like me,are now members of the VSC,a shyte site like this isnt worth the time and i come here to tell visitors(supporters of other clubs that don't know any better,(hello Millers) that

SilverTop60
    User is Online
    TrialistNew member 8
    Posted 04 May 2014 20:12Delete | Spam | Ban | Sin Bin Hour

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast