+ Visit Doncaster Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PAUL DICKOV

PAUL DICKOV

Rob Staton a??@robstaton 6m
    Following relegation Doncaster manager Paul Dickov tells me he has the backing of the board. "They want me here next season." #DRFC

re: PAUL DICKOV

...but we don't want the Board here next season!

Whilst I am not in love with the Board, it would take a mega benefactor to sustain Championship football on the miserable crowds we attract. OK , one of the reasons is that nobody wants to watch a losing team but even when we hit a good spell (can you just remember one ?) we get very few more through the turnstiles. Our more reasonable gates this year have been entirely down to decent followings from the away team supporters. It was all too predictable when we went into the Championship that investment in the playing squad would be minimal and, as the table has proved , we are nowhere near good enough to aspire to a mid table position. Catch 22, I'm afraid. low attendances equals lower league football. Now sit back and wait for the usual spate of free, last minute signings late in the close season. Mainly strays seeking a last minute refuge
    Like the usual dependable core of supporters I have already renewed my Season Ticket and will be there for another League One campaign but it do ge

Started to read the thread thinking it was a joke, then realized that there was no punch line and then thought omg its no joke. We need to get rid of the brickies and this apology for a manager otherwise we will only go one way. My only positive from this is that I have not renewed my ticket. As for poor crowds, you need sustained results to build up a following and at present this club due to how its run and managed is failing, I am not talking about pushing for the prem but just playing decent football with results that matter, not some of the abject displays put before us this year. The joke today was Boltons inability to hold a 2nil lead, really makes you wonder.

As I expected, we started the season with dreams of a large investment and talk of going for the Premiership. Looking back we squandered the opportunity of the investment, lost John Ryan as chairman, had a poor season and go straight back down again. No surprise there.

Dave Penney and Sean O'Driscoll managed us through some great times, but I suspect we won't feel the same one day looking back at Dean Saunders and Paul Dickov. The role of the management team is to find funds to pull in the right players, and the role of PD is to motivate the team to success. Moaning about the weather, bad refereeing decisions and poor team performance is not good enough. It's not just about having good players who just want an income, it's about having players with the desire to win. On paper, we had some good players in our squad but there was still something missing and it's the role of the manager to motivate the team to want to win every game. I don't think that happened and in the end we paid for

In a BBC interview Paul Dickov has said "we've done OK over the course of the season, but we've come up a little bit short."

What planet does that guy live on. How can he say they have done well when they have only got one point in the last 7 games, have only
    scored 39 goals all season, and are now relegated. To me that is more than 'a little bit short'.

He says he is looking forward to next season! I hope he is - managing Alfreton or Southport, not Donny Rovers.

Personally I think the board should be looking to replace him with someone who can inspire the players.

As a Barnsley fan myself, I can hardly ask about keeping a 'relegated' manager on. But are the majority of your fans now against Paul Dickov staying on ?

I find the whole thing unbelieveable. What other team would continue with a manager with such a bad track record, other than Donny?

49 games in charge, 12 won, 11 drawn, lost 26. Not something to boast about.

In another BBC interview he said "All our efforts now are to make sure we get promoted next season". Pity they weren't to remain in the Championship this season. He does not have what it takes to motivate a team to success.

How can we have confidence in a manager who led us to relegation? The kiss of death is on us for next season before it even starts.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverTop60
    How can we have confidence in a manager who led us to relegation? The kiss of death is on us for next season before it even starts.
    Ever heard of a Dean Saunders?

Quote Originally Posted by Alcott
    ...but we don't want the Board here next season!
    A board doing everything in their power to make sure Rovers have an excellent team next season?Perhaps you want our board to behave like Barnsley and feck off their longest serving player eh,can you see our board behaving with the same lack of class?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast