+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Play Off Table - Rattea Myth Disproved

Play Off Table - Rattea Myth Disproved

So now that we know who the 'big 4' are I thought it would be a good idea to take a look at how they've fared against each other this season. Rattea said we were no good against the play off sides. Stick to the facts rat. It makes pretty good reading:

If anyone's interested here's the list of results:

most notably we've beat brighton home and away so looking at the evidence here we have to go in confident. we're also the form team. football doesn't always work like this and it may well be more of a lottery but paper favours us.

re: Play Off Table - Rattea Myth Disproved

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid
    So now that we know who the 'big 4' are I thought it would be a good idea to take a look at how they've fared against each other this season. Rattea said we were no good against the play off sides. Stick to the facts rat. It makes pretty good reading:

If anyone's interested here's the list of results:

most notably we've beat brighton home and away so looking at the evidence here we have to go in confident. we're also the form team. football doesn't always work like this and it may well be more of a lottery but paper favours us.
    Love your work Rapid!

Well thats put that argument to bed hasn't it

I'd say that was correct, though in the end the only statistic that counts is league position and we finished 3rd!

Its also worth noting that Doncaster ahd a pretty good record aginst top 6 teams and got relegated!

What myth? I've quoted the facts each week and been echod by the club about the apparent inability to beat top six sides at the time. You've not shown too six. That's not even top four. You've removed the top two ... So that's four straight defeats. So your not even comparing what you are trying to make a point about. I'm not even sure what you would the group but it's not a group Id and why have you removed fester and Burnley who have been part of the top six????

I've always maintained this picture gets better and better each week. The exact example I used was Watford which you rapid have claimed on a number of occasions was a top six side because they were second after a hand full of games and I have stressed you can not know that until you compare Like For Like (LFL) fixture only then can you get a true picture.

So what I have been saying all season is proved

So on that basis and what you are saying rapid is there is only a point difference between Clou

Quote Originally Posted by Rattea
    there has been little improvement from Clough and McClaren has just been a custodian for the rest of the season.
    So do you believe that Clough would have broken the clubs record points total over a season? That's an improvement of 24 points from last season...another 8 wins!

At least you're now acknowledging that there has been an improvement under McClaren.

[quote="Rattea"]What myth? I've quoted the facts each week and been echod by the club about the apparent inability to beat top six sides at the time. You've not shown too six. That's not even top four. You've removed the top two ... So that's four straight defeats. So your not even comparing what you are trying to make a point about. I'm not even sure what you would the group but it's not a group Id and why have you removed fester and Burnley who have been part of the top six????

I've always maintained this picture gets better and better each week. The exact example I used was Watford which you rapid have claimed on a number of occasions was a top six side because they were second after a hand full of games and I have stressed you can not know that until you compare Like For Like (LFL) fixture only then can you get a true picture.

So what I have been saying all season is proved

So on that basis and what you are saying rapid is t

TBH the whole Rattea v the rest debate is puerile, you need to grow the **** up BOTH SIDES.

We as a club are on the verge of something special and all you get on here is tittle tattle and digs, n0b heads

Quote Originally Posted by woolwhacker
    TBH the whole Rattea v the rest debate is puerile, you need to grow the **** up BOTH SIDES.

We as a club are on the verge of something special and all you get on here is tittle tattle and digs, n0b heads
    and you need to:

1. actually start contributing to threads rather than constantly criticising other posters

2. not throw personal insults at people and have the audacity to tell other people to 'grow up'

3. not circumvent the swear filter

4. ignore thread if you don't like them

5. if you still not happy, **** off elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Rattea
    I'm not even sure what you would the group but it's not a group Id and why have you removed fester and Burnley who have been part of the top six????
    rat. how many times do I have to tell you to read my posts properly? I'ved the group. it's in the title - play off table.

i'll explain; the point of this thread is to pitch the play off sides games against one another to try and establish who might have an edge going into the play offs.

coincidentally this also proved that we don't have an inability to beat sides in the play off positions as you've claimed throughout the season.

what's the point of including fester and burnley if we won't be facing them in the play offs?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)