+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Well Done!!

Well Done!!

As a Port Vale fan who's been disenfranchised from the club, I took the opportunity of coming along to the ***** Crewe v Preston game yesterday. I have, though, popped along to selected (non-Vale) games since your Championship days as well.

I wanted to say how much I enjoyed the experience. Considering the crucial nature of the game, I thought the Crewe fans (I was in the main stand) were magnificent in their support but, also, they did so without the need for aggression that I sadly have witnessed at Vale games, home and away, these past few years.

The team was superb, too, and I really enjoyed watching their performance. The calmness of Tootle, combined with the dominance of Dugdale and Ellis, set a solid platform for the match.

I'm delighted to have seen Crewe survive. Overall, it was the best football experience that I've had for some years and really put me back in love with the game again.

Well done Steve Davis, too. Driven and always dignified, no matter what the pressure. A

re: Well Done!!

Thank you for your lovely comments Lee glad you enjoyed your visit. With Crewe we never make things easy for ourselves I suppose it makes things interesting, too interesting at times as you could see by us having to win to guarantee staying up.

Some people will say you should convert to supporting Crewe but when you support a team they are in your blood and that is totally understandable.

It's such a shame that you have witnessed aggression whilst watching your team, but why should those idiots stop you from supporting your team, don't let them win you are the only one that will miss out they will continue with what they do and force genuine Vale fans away from the club.

You will always be welcomed back to Crewe and thank you for your support yesterday and kind words.

Excellent post and clearly Alex fans will not disagree with your magnanimous comments. Admittedly the football has left room for much improvement over the course of the season but yesterday was great.

Ultimately the family spirit of the club remains with most fans also feeling pride about the production line which is in good working order with both the U21 & U18s making their divisional play off finals. Such football reputations take years to build up but we nearly destroyed it over a boozy night out in Cornwall last summer. With that mess now history, it is satisfying that many other fans still have a soft spot for CAFC. Indeed I read a Bradford message board last week saying that if they were playing Crewe that they would gladly lose if it meant keeping us in Div 1 and sending Tranmere down. But more pleasing that we didn't need any help yesterday.

Let's keep playing "the Crewe way".

[quote="Lee04"]As a Port Vale fan who's been disenfranchised from the club, I took the opportunity of coming along to the ***** Crewe v Preston game yesterday. I have, though, popped along to selected (non-Vale) games since your Championship days as well.

I wanted to say how much I enjoyed the experience. Considering the crucial nature of the game, I thought the Crewe fans (I was in the main stand) were magnificent in their support but, also, they did so without the need for aggression that I sadly have witnessed at Vale games, home and away, these past few years.

The team was superb, too, and I really enjoyed watching their performance. The calmness of Tootle, combined with the dominance of Dugdale and Ellis, set a solid platform for the match.

I'm delighted to have seen Crewe survive. Overall, it was the best football experience that I've had for some years and really put me back in love with the game again.

Well done Steve Davis, too. Driven and alway

Are you sure you're a Vale fan Lee? ;-D You write intelligibly and intelligently! A big thank you for your comments.

It is a sad indictment if yesterday was one of the best football experiences you've had for a while, but from the standpoint of being an Alex fan I can only agree.
    Picking MotM was always going to be difficult. There were 4 of us in the car: I said Matt Tootle, each of the others chose somebody different. Maybe we should all have agreed on Steve Davis? :-D

Steve got it spot-on overall yesterday and the players carried out their instructions brilliantly.

As for the MOM, I agree that everyone probably had a different idea. Id two different ones that should have got it ahead of Ellis and I thought he did tremendously well so...

Well done indeed, boys!

Survival didn't look on the cards on that murky afternoon at Prenton Park, when we couldn't even beat a desperately limited team like that.

I did predict (even before that thug Wootton kicked Pogs in a "friendly") that the Alex would struggle in their season up, as they usually do, and finish twentieth.

Delighted to have been proved wrong (just).

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstuff
    Steve got it spot-on overall yesterday and the players carried out their instructions brilliantly.

As for the MOM, I agree that everyone probably had a different idea. Id two different ones that should have got it ahead of Ellis and I thought he did tremendously well so...
    I think MoM should have gone to the 12th man,The Alex supporters.