+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mark Ellis and others Out Of Contract

re: Mark Ellis and others Out Of Contract

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe
    Just made me wonder that if he didn't get offered a new playing contract in the Summer whether we might not only be searching for a new #2 goalie but goalie coach too! .
    You might well be right to expect changes in this area. I don't expect to see Phillips here next season. Not because the club doesn't appreciate his efforts but because it might be the right time for him to move back home.

Quite a few teams already announced their retained / released list
    Wonder when we will get to find out, must be holiday time soon for the guys

There is a press conference tomorrow - that may shed some light.

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkDust
    Was superb on Saturday and headed everything away bar one.

Definitely deserves a new contract in my opinion.
    And the one he missed was only cos that old thug Davies had his arm in Ellis's face.

Sign him up. Deserves another 2 year contract.

well we find out today who's being released boys and girls. Personally hope ellis kelvin and byron offered new deals and steve carries on as coach/3rd keeper, too much experience there to lose ben can be a superstar but he needs the older mans influence

I can't see it and if you were Kelv, would you take it?

Saturdays team will in my opinion look like this if selected now.

Garratt
    Guthrie Duggy
    Nolan Grant Turon Pogs

Subs:
    Ray
    Oliver

Edit: Though I do agree with you N1SE and I hope BM gets an offer, deserves 'an offer' regardless.

We need defenders who can stop us conceding 80 goals in a season!

Pleased to hear that our young keeper, Ben Garratt has now signed a two year deal. On the OS, Ellis has intimated that he want's to stay at the Alex, as he has enjoyed his time here and his family are settled. According to Ellis, he has not spoken with SD as yet, but expects he will in the next couple of weeks. So perhaps we should not expect anything coming out of the club on contracts just yet.

As for Phillips, although his coaching role has been important in the development of Garratt, I wonder if the club can afford such a luxury (no matter how important this role is) as a goalkeeping coach? We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick

As for Phillips, although his coaching role has been important in the development of Garratt, I wonder if the club can afford such a luxury (no matter how important this role is) as a goalkeeping coach? We shall see.
    I am not in charge of the cash, but I don't see a goalkeeping coach as a 'luxury' after last season. I feel that without Phillips's coaching and commitment Ben would not have progressed so far, so fast; and young Johnson has been pretty good with the U21s.
    Phillips suffered injuries and a dip in form; Martin suddenly seemed to simply 'not fit', and has not pulled up any trees since leaving us. The result was that we avoided another Owen Ffon Williams situation, and discovered another gem.

Big hand to Steve Phillips for this. :-D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast