+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Peep Peeps Bar, Aberdeen.

re: Peep Peeps Bar, Aberdeen.

Quote Originally Posted by budgeover
    I took her indoors to a Killie game on the way back we had to wait on the train

We went into a pub (think it had a tim)near the train station place was rocking with 70/80's music/ singing

We stayed for hours and had a right good time

Behind the station Budge? Heres a wee list - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel
    This place, Buc?

The wee dairy in the picture was there when i was a wean, only back then it was cheese cut by wires wrapped in greasproof paper, butter came patted with wooden paddles, and bread was fresh every day. A few doors up from that there was another pub called the auld hoose with again tenements above, in fact there was tenements right along that road and my maws auld school right behind, good memories, thanks for they nice words Buc, you're a gentleman.[/quote]

Saw the pic and laughed brilliant. That's it

My sister has a pent hoos near the canal and that's the closest bar..

There's even a highland chipper the kilt wearing chip shop owner finishes early on a Saturday night what's left he just gives it all away amazing stuff you get things in Glesga that you never get in Aberdeen where everything comes with a price..

It's about all thats left of my childhood, nothing left on Keppochill road anymore. :-(

It's about all thats left of my childhood, nothing left on Keppochill road anymore. :-(

Just had a look on google earth. Strange they've left that one tenement, as you say everything else appears to have vanished. There's no other homes near it, looks closer to Possil than Springburn. What was the area classed as??

Quote Originally Posted by WangOneIn

Just had a look on google earth. Strange they've left that one tenement, as you say everything else appears to have vanished. There's no other homes near it, looks closer to Possil than Springburn. What was the area classed as??[/quote]

Springburn.look at the old pics of it wang, it was an extremely industrial area, very large train manufactures where thousands worked, the great british locomotive company, they used to take the giant locomotives through the streets down to the docks to be shipped all over the empire.

Just had a look on google earth. Strange they've left that one tenement, as you say everything else appears to have vanished. There's no other homes near it, looks closer to Possil than Springburn. What was the area classed as??[/quote]

Springburn.[/quote]

Cheers, that's one district that seems to have suffered the most at the hands of the bulldozers. Madness.

Oh i dunno, there was was parkhead forge and the glassworks, some one once told me that at one time there were 40,000 people working in it, not a bit of it remains, parkhead and ********* never recovered.

S h e t t l e s t o n banned, seriously?

No it wasn't threatening at all, just a dive that hadn't been done up for years. The jukebox didn't accept new 50 pences.

Naw ya tight ersed aberdonian miser, it it take 50p's. It just never took filed doon washers.[/quote]

Harsh.

Few good pubs along the harbour, Crown and Anchor is a good laugh. The auld barmaid, her that appeared in that BBC documentary The Harbour is aff her nut.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty_Dingus_Magee
    No it wasn't threatening at all, just a dive that hadn't been done up for years. The jukebox didn't accept new 50 pences.

Naw ya tight ersed aberdonian miser, it it take 50p's. It just never took filed doon washers.[/quote]

Harsh.

Few good pubs along the harbour, Crown and Anchor is a good laugh. The auld barmaid, her that appeared in that BBC documentary The Harbour is aff her nut.[/quote]

Only jokin calm doon donald, i remember that documentary, nutter. Goin back to the pubs, thats one of the only things i love about Aberdeen, they have some belting pubs.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)