+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Carlisle point of view

Carlisle point of view

Well we got exactly what we deserved absolutely zilch!!! To be fair we have in fact played a hell of a lot worse this season, that's not taking anything away from your guys. As I said to my mate it looked like you could step up a gear any time you wanted, well done the table doesn't lie.
    There wasn't any real bother in the away end just a few lads took exception to stewards taking away the banner 'bored with the Board'. A bit unfair as one of them has put in an awful lot of his own money to keep this club afloat, as for that Irish git that's the manager, please don't get me started...
    Best of luck for the Championship, a couple of decent signings should see you ok.
    (What has happened to that decent looking United side that gave you a bloody good scare last November?? answers on a postcard please).
    Up the Blues and the Wolves,
    Bry

re: Carlisle point of view

Quote Originally Posted by bluebry
    Well we got exactly what we deserved absolutely zilch!!! To be fair we have in fact played a hell of a lot worse this season, that's not taking anything away from your guys. As I said to my mate it looked like you could step up a gear any time you wanted, well done the table doesn't lie.
    There wasn't any real bother in the away end just a few lads took exception to stewards taking away the banner 'bored with the Board'. A bit unfair as one of them has put in an awful lot of his own money to keep this club afloat, as for that Irish git that's the manager, please don't get me started...
    Best of luck for the Championship, a couple of decent signings should see you ok.
    (What has happened to that decent looking United side that gave you a bloody good scare last November?? answers on a postcard please).
    Up the Blues and the Wolves,
    Bry

What went on Bry? my seat is fairly close to where you guys were it seemed as if as soon as the banner

Yea that's basically what happened as soon as it was unfurled the stewards came to confiscate it.
    The guy that made it was making a hell of a fuss saying it had cost him A?50.00 to make it. (must have been some incredibly expensive felt tips and a sheet bought from Harrods )

Thanks for your comments, Bry. What is the story behind the cardinals/bishops?

Good luck for next season. I am old enough to remember Carlisle briefly leading the old First Division, so at least you have been there and have something to aspire to!

Aye a bloody long time ago, to be honest we are no where near big enough to ever get back there again, a brief flirtation with the championship would be about our lot.
    As far as the Cardinals are concerned, these are the West Cumbrian Supporters Branch, they always get dressed up in something most years, last year was Smurfs, and a couple of seasons before that they were Chefs at Carrow Road Norwich, something Deliah was highly delighted with, (although not the score as we beat them 2-0 )
    Next year, well I'm not sure, at the moment we are no where near good enough to challenge for promotion, hopefully a few decent signings will see to that, but were not holding our breath especially with 'Clueless Kav' in charge.
    Best of luck next season.

Thanks for the response, Bry. As I said, good luck for next season. At least you can say you gave us a fright in the match at your place if nothing else!

Good luck.

I thought Carlisle actually played decent stuff, but teh finishing was wayward.

Obviously with the resources available to us, we should walk this league.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)