+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm sure Steve is planning for Thursday!

re: I'm sure Steve is planning for Thursday!

Great selection dilemma though.

I'd go Hendrick, purely for the fact that Hendrick's game relies so heavily on confidence, and dropping him might dent it.

What a difference a year makes. We have a great squad now & whoever is chosen doesn't weaken the side. Also look at the options on the bench. Last year we would have had a hard time finding bodies to sit there.
    I really can't see us losing to Brighton, especially with Steve in charge. His motivational skills alone are superb, whereas Nigel didn't have any.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimyLimey
    What a difference a year makes. We have a great squad now & whoever is chosen doesn't weaken the side. Also look at the options on the bench. Last year we would have had a hard time finding bodies to sit there.
    I really can't see us losing to Brighton, especially with Steve in charge. His motivational skills alone are superb, whereas Nigel didn't have any.

FAMOUS LAST WORDS!!! Its two cup games, anything can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam
    We should play our game and not change anything for them..
    Would take a draw there and do em at home.

After Leeds I think the team picks itself.
    Bamford was poor and we lacked creativity..

Grant
    Wisdom
    Bucko
    The horse
    Forsyth
    Thorne
    Bryson
    Hughes (for me ahead of Hendrick)
    Russell
    Ward
    Martin

Agree that is the strongest XI & agree that the Hendrick/Hughes issue is the only one to be resolved. With Hughes we get more ball control / possession and he and Bryso work better together, but with Hendrick we get more forward thrust and aggression in and around the box. Hendrick has been on fire and has banged in some goals so the Irishman gets my vote. Hughes might feature in the home leg.

Sure Steve is planning? Whatever makes you suspect that? I wouldn't think he's given the game a moment's thought.

I would agree Hughes over Hendrick by a whisker but still think it's a shame didn't try the two DCM'S in Thorne and Estate together at Leeds...

Okay can't sleep because I keeping thinking about how we should play the first leg so may as well write it down!

The thing is Brighton were in the play-offs last year and that gives their players a huge advantage, they know it's over 180 minutes and the game will not be decided on Thursday.

I get the feeling that Brighton will be happy with a slender 1-0 lead to take to the Ipro. I would even hazard a guess that they wouldn't be disappointed with 0-0 on Thursday.

Whatever happens they know the pressure on our young team to perform in front of an expectant full house on Sunday will be immense.

I think the home tie for us will be the most difficult, so how does Steve and the coaching staff deal with this? If the game is still tight in the second leg then Brighton can park the bus and simply look to hit us on the break, with a defensive record like theirs they will fancy defending a single goal lead, the pressure will be all on us.

That situation could become unbearable as the minu

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)