+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's gonna be tough...

It's gonna be tough...

Two of the three relegated from the Premier League are going to go straight back up I reckon, Norwich may fade away.
    Any level headed Wolves fan would be hoping for play offs at best?
    It's always tough in this league, we know that more than most, I just think next season may have even more quality than usual.

The well known Humberside cross dresser Greavsey's final standings prediction table for next season may be interesting.

re: It's gonna be tough...

Possibly the most difficult league to predict- Burnley were among the relegation favourites at the start of this season.

Fulham- who knows if Magath will stay but similar to us they are looking at a complete overhaul and I wouldn't necessarily put them among the favourites. Cardiff I have little sympathy for with their owner's antics but I think they'll still be amongst the challengers.

I'm not prepared to jinx anything with predicting where we might finish but I honestly think we've got the players to compete and after our disastrous campaign the season before this, some of those players should have a point to prove.

Wolves will look to add to the squad in the summer no doubt. Players will also depart the club. It's difficult putting a prediction on where wolves will end up, the aim has to be as high up the table as possible. A couple of forwards, at least another central midfield player and maybe if Steraman goes, two central defenders, one to replace, the other to provide cover/challenge.

No idea where we will finish next season, except that we will not be relegated. I believe we need a couple of seasons in the Championship to consolidate and build.

I can see a top ten finish, nearer tenth than first however.

Quote Originally Posted by PremierWolf
    I agree!

Still a big unknown, tougher opposition, however we still don't know which players we can attract to the club or what our injury list will look like. Too many variables as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TundraWolf
    I agree!

Still a big unknown, tougher opposition, however we still don't know which players we can attract to the club or what our injury list will look like. Too many variables as yet.[/quote]

It isn't really that much of 'A big Unknown' considering we've spent most of the last 25 years in the Second teir!
    Need at least a season to consolidate and then push on with an assault at getting back into the Prem.

Remember last season Peterborough got relegated after finishing just 14 points off a play-off position. This season Bournemouth were many's favourite for the drop, yet currently sit in tenth. In my opinion it's closer than it ever has been and it's almost impossible to call.

KJ's been keen to point out the importance of momentum in recent weeks and he may well have a point- given that we don't bring any poison into the group we should be in a position to give it a good go.

Off the top of my head, I would say that most if not all of our players have Championship experience at least. So maybe not so much of an unknown to them, hopefully. I have total faith in KJ's ability - I just hope it doesn't turn out to be misplaced.

I wouldn't even begin to predict where we might end up next season until we know who the ins and outs are, but I am 'cautiously optimistic' at this stage!

Fixtures out June 18th ,don't think we'll be doing any buying till nearer the time for players to return to training, time to predict when we know the squad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)