+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gresty Road End...

Gresty Road End...

Someone said the club reads this forum and so please please can they do what we have been asking for on here and that is a reduction in price for admission to the GRE. It has to be done before the new season obviously and what about a 5 or 10 pound reduction for Adults that would hopefully fill that end and provide a better atmosphere for fans and players alike.

Most games its only third full if that and so its possible to break even or even make money by doing that and getting a lot more fans in there.

Its easy to fence off and refreshments could be provided for as well.

Not sure if we could remove seats at this stage but that would help even more.

So how about doing something Alison?

Its actually not right the price in there should be the same as the best seats anyway.

Lets see..

200 at 20 quid = 4000 pounds revenue plus add ons..

600 at 10 quid = 6000 pounds revenue plus add ons which would make more and make for a better all round proposition and so why not?

May even ge

re: Gresty Road End...

It's already 'fenced off' and well supplied with refreshment facilities.

[quote="MikeSB"]Someone said the club reads this forum and so please please can they do what we have been asking for on here and that is a reduction in price for admission to the GRE. It has to be done before the new season obviously and what about a 5 or 10 pound reduction for Adults that would hopefully fill that end and provide a better atmosphere for fans and players alike.

Most games its only third full if that and so its possible to break even or even make money by doing that and getting a lot more fans in there.

Its easy to fence off and refreshments could be provided for as well.

Not sure if we could remove seats at this stage but that would help even more.

So how about doing something Alison?

Its actually not right the price in there should be the same as the best seats anyway.

Lets see..

200 at 20 quid = 4000 pounds revenue plus add ons..

600 at 10 quid = 6000 pounds revenue plus add ons which would make more and make for a better all ro

Hey, its even better if its already fenced off and refreshments provided as I haven't been in that end for donkey's years but would do so if they did reduce the prices.

So what's stopping them?

I don't think they need to increase the other prices as really do think it would be self financing with extra fans but they do need to do a lot better in informing the public what is going on and not just on the website..

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB
    Hey, its even better if its already fenced off and refreshments provided as I haven't been in that end for donkey's years but would do so if they did reduce the prices.

So what's stopping them?

I don't think they need to increase the other prices as really do think it would be self financing with extra fans but they do need to do a lot better in informing the public what is going on and not just on the website..
    Surely you didn't think that part of the ground was devoid of somewhere to grab a pie and cup of tea?! Why,you can even go for a p**s should you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexmaverick

So what's stopping them?

Surely you didn't think that part of the ground was devoid of somewhere to grab a pie and cup of tea?! Why,you can even go for a ****,should you wish.[/quote]

I must be blind as I always see the stewards at the GRE by the main stand concourse and didn't know whether there was a fence that end or not? I would expect one the other side to avoid fights with the opposition etc..

Not seen the refreshement area or the toilets in there as too busy talking to Dario at HT..

Se

Needs to happen soon, standing up in a seating area is not safe and likely to cause more injuries than being in a safe standing area, let's face it, the people who go in there want to stand so let's do it soon!

Careful how you tread on this one. If they do reduce admission charges / season ticket prices for the GRE, then it could come back to those of us who prefer to "sit" (because we cannot stand for long periods) in the Main Stand. I can see them raising the cost of the privilege of sitting in the Main Stand to compensate for those wishing to "stand" in the GRE. That would not go down well with many fans.

This is pure conjecture - I'm good at that, as long as I don't have to put any money on it. :-D

Costs have, as a result of inflation, inexorably risen over the last year, so I do expect a small rise in ST and seat prices, but only a small one - hopefully less than 5 percent.

If the club decide to populate the GRE then this could be achieved by charging slightly less, both for seats and STs.

I think the main driver will be, again, a time-related system where the early birds get the best ST prices.

The GRE has a pub at half time for refreshments!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast