+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: who to bring in

who to bring in

lots bein released - need a striker at top spot

not spotted many as of wednesday text

but note callum ball is released by Derby

and Michael Hogganson - decent midfielder

need proper flying winger too if Byron goes

re: who to bring in

Quote Originally Posted by bonehead
    lots bein released - need a striker at top spot

not spotted many as of wednesday text

but note callum ball is released by Derby

and Michael Hogganson - decent midfielder

need proper flying winger too if Byron goes
    Hopefully Byron will stay and continue to pile on the appearances. Luckily we have Colclough (if he can get his act together) and Waters for next season. Two potentially very good players.

Very little cash guys.

Ryan is working hard to overcome a complicated injury. More to it than meets the eye and not anyone's "fault" just the way it can be.

I'd not wish for too much...avoid disappointment.

Good time for Byron to go (for him)

Hard to know what we need until we know who's being let go. However, top of the list is a goalscorer - not a big lad that wins headers etc as we have a couple of those, but a so called Fox in the Box, a Nicky Maynard style player if you like.

With Mellor and Ellis going plus probably Audel too, defenders may be coming in. I agree with an older experienced striker coming in as we have some good youngsters like Saunders who could do with a guiding hand.

I cant see many players coming in especially defenders. I think some senior players have departed like Philips, Ellis and Mellor to save money and that is going to be the overriding factor for next season and it might be a case of going with what we've got, maybe a couple of replacements and lots of trialists, just a matter of whether Tootle will still be here.

trialists :/

i rated Winnall - talked to him and he said he knew what crewe pay but would sign in a shot

told Davis what he said too

were crap with trialists - didnt sign Jake Buxton few seasons ago - think hes still playing in championship

Didn't say any trialists would get signed up, but we always have a few. What I said was that next season we will have to go with what we've got with maybe a couple of replacements. With a reduced budget it won't be easy. Our key players will have to perform next season but we still have some decent players.

If we aren't going to sign any defenders, we definitely needs strikers to play the "we'll score one more than you" game.