+ Visit Norwich City FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Adams wants a shot at promotion

Adams wants a shot at promotion

Caretaker-manager Neil Adams would relish the opportunity to try to get Norwich back into the Barclays Premier League next season, but admits he has no idea who will be handed the task. - view external link

re: Adams wants a shot at promotion

He started with Elmander again to day.

No thanks not ready for it.

Will truly show us the ambition of the board if he is still in charge in August that's for sure

OTBC

Quote Originally Posted by philcanary
    Will truly show us the ambition of the board if he is still in charge in August that's for sure

OTBC
    You don't rate Neil Adams then, any reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie

OTBC
    You don't rate Neil Adams then, any reasons?[/quote]

When he was given the job to try and get us out of the mess the board and Hughton got us into I expected to at least see a bit of something. No youth was really tried to let them prove themselves but instead it was more of the same IMO. OK a couple of the senior players showed some grit but that's it. Look at the starting lineup today...Boring as you like...Elmander to lead the line is point in case. As he was on a hiding to nothing why didn't he give the likes of Becchio a crack at proving he still deserves a wage?

OTBC

Agree 100% with Phil here.

He have done nothing to deserve to stay for next season.
    He had to go for it against Chelsea but he played for him self and got 0-0. To day the players did not care at all. Arsenal had nothing to play for, any other team in this league would have won to day.
    To days game made me sad and angry, we had the chans to play young hungry players, ore give Ricky some confidents (he is going to score for fun next season where ever he plays).
    Adams is a nice person, but he is not ready.

I don`t like the talk of Zola either. Want a person that has won promotion from the championship before. What abut Paul Lambert? :-)

So what dose that tell you Phil, what it tells me is to put it bluntly is that you would have a hell of a job to pick a team at the moment, a team that that has been assembled by CH, a team of mainly below standard players, devoid of ideas, and for two years devoid of decent coaching.

Re Neil Adams, did anyone expect him to turn it round in 5 games, 4 of which were against the cream of the prem, answer no, what it did show was this, in Adams we have a man who was prepared to to step up to the plate, who as now appears, despite doing no worse, could find himself parted from the club he loves.

Maybe it's a gut reaction to our situation, but he now in some circles appears to be partly responsible for our demise.

To my mind the City board, have done nothing more than left Adams hanging out to dry, trying to deflect there own mismanagement and handling of a problem that nearly ALL City supporters saw coming way back.

I do not Know If Neil Adams will become a great manager, what I do k

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)