+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kelvin Mellor

Kelvin Mellor

Just announced on facebook that he's leaving the club. Best of luck to him.

re: Kelvin Mellor

Didn't really push on after breaking into the team. Became a bit-part player this season so it isn't a surprise in some respects. With Ellis being released, I'd wondered if Kelv was going to be offered a deal as he can cover full-back and centre half.

Wonder of he will sign for Sheff Utd?

Kelvin has disappointed after all the early promise, especially considering that Steve Davis fought hard to keep him at the Alex when Derby came a calling two years ago. I wonder why he never blossomed into the player we thought he would become? Something went sadly wrong with him. Best wishes to him on his travels.

Kelvin struggled with that 'difficult second album' syndrome. Still, I am a little surprised he wasn't offered a year's extension in case we lose Toots in the transfer window - am I wrong or do we have no experienced right back should that happen?

Even so, I shall remember him playing out of his skin at left back in the play off final and wish him all the best.

Kelvin is yet another club who needs a change of environment. I think all the chat with Derby unnerved him for the rest of the season.

Best of luck to the lad, but I hope he doesn't come back to bite us.