+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Club PR?

Club PR?

Its just been said all this news in drips and drabs is poor PR and others have said its club policy to announce the lists all at once and some players like AJ are away etc.

Well..

I think its extremely bad PR as usual from this club and they have form in that area too many times. It actually annoys me to fck that many times you log on to these club site for news and be told you need to pay for the bloody stuff.

Talk about treating the fans as cash cows is correct and while other clubs offer free buses to away matches, what have we ever been offered?

Anyway back to this transfer news.

Its appalling to get this news this way and the club could easily have released the retained list and hasn't AJ got a bloody mobile phone or has he gone away to dark Africa or Siberia?

He could have gone away afterwards anyway if he was that interested like Mark Ellis and others.

ME is definitely our best CH and that includes Harry Davis who gives penalties away willy nilly.

Its all the usual PR

re: Club PR?

The club has been poor with some of its PR, but not this time. As stated elsewhere, players must be told in person and then a retained list published. If the let-go players wish to announced it themselves, that's up to them.
    Doing it this way is fair and reasonable.

We, I believe, are incredibly lucky in having a Board that does not treat the club as a play thing; is fulsome in its praise of the fans; supportive of the management team; and has kept us solvent. There are few clubs who can say that.

OK, there are a couple of Directors I'd rather left, but the majority are people who are proud to be Railwaymen.

If the alternative is to sell the whole caboodle to someone who doesn't really care and will not last the distance, then this is not my club. Money is obviously important, but so is the Academy and the ability to survive the way we do.
    The day we command a season of 10k home attendances I will change my mind: until then we are a small, family-orientated, lower league club, with

Just waht are the club meant to do they got critisised last season for anouncing on off site before players yet this season they do things the correct way and still its not good enough! If the players twiiter their outcomes thats upto them but dont blame the club its been a long hard slog this season time to be positive and support the decisions of SD Which i think are correct if a defence leaks goals like we did laast season its time for change.

This is not a criticism of the club's handling of the lack of news on the OS regarding the players who are leaving us, but the fact that as we approach the middle of May, there has yet to be an announcement regarding the price of the new season ticket. I know that the new season is still 3 months away, but surely while the end of the 2013-14 season is still fresh in people's minds, the club would be wise to promote the new season ticket sale.

Instead, we have a sale of signed worn players' shirts on the OS this morning. Now this is bad PR in my opinion and the point I am making is constructive criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick
    This is not a criticism of the club's handling of the lack of news on the OS regarding the players who are leaving us, but the fact that as we approach the middle of May, there has yet to be an announcement regarding the price of the new season ticket. I know that the new season is still 3 months away, but surely while the end of the 2013-14 season is still fresh in people's minds, the club would be wise to promote the new season ticket sale.

Instead, we have a sale of signed worn players' shirts on the OS this morning. Now this is bad PR in my opinion and the point I am making is constructive criticism.
    Must have been wishful thinking on my part, as the season ticket pricing is now on the OS. Slight increase for adults of a fiver. 290 quid, with seniors (me this time) at 216 quid.

I will now withdraw my complaint about the club PR over the sale of ST's. I am happy with those prices.

I want to know why we need to loose all these players

ok let them go if were getting better in

but are crowd numbers down

are wages up that much

weve already cut MARTIN / ROBERTSON

now MELLOR / ELLIS / PHILIPS

Prob AJ - AUDEL - MOLLINEUX

prob losing CLAYTON / MOORE

unless we could bring in CHUCKS for 2 years
    most people will be well pi##ed off

I will say one thing