+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cole quits England

Cole quits England

Ashley Cole has retired from international football after being left out of England's World Cup squad. - view external link

re: Cole quits England

Good riddance ..Mard git..

I still think his experience could have been useful to the England squad, but if the youngsters are to get a chance, then now is the time.

I really doubt he will be missed!!

He will be if the Baines takes a knock, Cole was the one of the best full backs of his generation

I don't think we'd have been so exposed on the left last night if Cole was playing.
    Cole would also have attacked more, It seems that as soon as Baines has made that position his own he has dropped a level of performance
    Rooney should have helped more (or maybe not even played in that position?)

Quote Originally Posted by lescand
    I don't think we'd have been so exposed on the left last night if Cole was playing.
    Cole would also have attacked more, It seems that as soon as Baines has made that position his own he has dropped a level of performance
    Rooney should have helped more (or maybe not even played in that position?)
    Agree with most of this, Cole has the experience of big tournaments, gives England an outlet down the left. I don't think Rooney should have played over on the left anyway, better off either alongside or just off Sturridge.

Regarding of him as a person but as a footballer whatever people think in my opinion he was one of the best left backs in the world at his peak.