+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another Wonderful Memory

Another Wonderful Memory

After beating Celtic 2-1 in the last minute of the last game of the season at Fir Park a few years back I never thought I would ever witness anything approaching that game, until Sunday.
    At the goal and the final whistle my wife was starting to get the ladders out to get me down from the ceiling (at my age I should know better)
    Congratulations to all concerned for giving us all a great day.
    ps. Do we have the best drummer in the Premier League ?

re: Another Wonderful Memory

Similar emotions yesterday. What blew my mind was the scenes on the telly of the players and the travelling support interacting at the end of the game - for about twenty minutes! Players and supporters in there together! And the fans chanting Crags as he was commentating at the after-match analysis. Should have been there - but Aberdeen is over 200 miles from where I live.

Drummer? I was at at Morecambe pre-season and said then that we need to get this guy on a five year contract whatever the cost! "I've followed 'Well clap clap clap clap since I was born" Come on the 'Well!!

I loved the way that the players ALL ran towards the fans, as soon as the ball went in, and after the final whistle. There was a real feeling of the team and fans being one entity

Quote Originally Posted by bheron
    I loved the way that the players ALL ran towards the fans, as soon as the ball went in, and after the final whistle. There was a real feeling of the team and fans being one entity
    My thoughts exactly, and it was only then I realised it was a goal. Then I repeated my leap n bash knuckle off ceiling move from the Juke's goal against the Hobos.

Due to an early work shift on Sunday I couldn't get to Pittodrie (the alleged home of the 2013-14 runners up according to last week's papers!). Ended up in JDs watching it - thought the fekkin roof was going to come in when Reid scored - what a noise !!
    Hung a bout for a few ales (well, you had to didn't you), then headed up to see the team get back to FP. Even there they all had time to sign aoto's, have photo's taken and generally mingle with the fans. As someone once said ..."I was pwoud, vewy pwoud"

Quote Originally Posted by sieb1886
    Due to an early work shift on Sunday I couldn't get to Pittodrie (the alleged home of the 2013-14 runners up according to last week's papers!). Ended up in JDs watching it - thought the fekkin roof was going to come in when Reid scored - what a noise !!
    Hung a bout for a few ales (well, you had to didn't you), then headed up to see the team get back to FP. Even there they all had time to sign aoto's, have photo's taken and generally mingle with the fans. As someone once said ..."I was pwoud, vewy pwoud"
    We were talking about that on the way home - how the atmosphere would be in JD's. But in truth wouldn't have swapped it for the noise and atmosphere at the 'sheepydome'. Never seen a ground empty so quickly - not even the great unwashed left as swiftly on Skippy Sunday.

Just magnificent - what an end to another unforgettable season.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)