+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: [no subject]

[no subject]

Some dons fans reaction after game on social media is totally understandable ,who can say they haven't reacted like that as well.
    I was livid after game in january and st mirren game too ,shouting and bawlin acting like a mental case no disrespect intended to official mental cases.
    You have to get it out ,its cathartic and after well usually 24 hours with me you gain some perspective .
    Keyboard bile is a modern phenomena and you have to be careful what you say which is why I restrict myself these days on sites like this which after all are a fraction of well supports opinion .
    It was an unbelievable day though and yes we did deserve that break , a monumental mourinho style defensive performance from the lads and finally get it right up yae BBC radio Scotland and tv and press

re: [no subject]

Of course it's understandable. Most of us would have been the same if the tables were turned. As you say it happened often enough to us this season.

I for one would be the same. I'm still not over refereeing in the 1976 Scottish cup Semi Final yet.

I'm in absolutely no doubt that I'd be reacting in the same way as the Dons fans. It's what fitba' fans do. But the Aberdeen fans, as they settle into a more measured assessment of the season, might reflect on the fact that, at the business end of the campaign, they had two home games against us, their nearest rivals, and didn't score. One goal in either of those games, or in their top - six ICT game, and second is a stick - on; Sunday's game becomes a celebratory 90 mins.. A dubious decision by the ref. on Sunday isn't the whole story.
    I should also say that one of the Aberdeen fans has posted a pic from the last - minute melee, and it shows just how much of a handful of big Shaun's jersey Vernon actually had before Sutton went near Langfield. It was a penalty kick.
    And finally, is there any way to get a re-run of the BT broadcast?

I was a little surprised by some of the stuff. I've historically experienced an element of decency/sympathy/liking from fans of teams beyond the so called west coast, (Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, Dutd) - because in their eyes we've chosen to ignore the calling from the Ugly Sisters - so to be hit with the "plastic paddies, h uns without bus fare, masonic conspiracy" jibes did kinda knock me off my stride, albeit I knew they were hurting.

[quote="Yazz" jibes did kinda knock me off my stride, albeit I knew they were hurting.[/quote]Very well put. I 100% agree with you.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)