+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Negative move from board?

Negative move from board?

I am a long time supporter of Crewe,and have seen the highs and the lows of the club over many years. For once, with lots of rumours and speculation around players coming in and us retaining existing ones, i was hopeful, but with the recent news this looks to be yet again another scrappy season ahead, and is this down to the board?!?!?

Is the board being too negative and safe, by; not either pumping more money into wages to keep on players like Mark Ellis and Steve Phillips as a keeper coach, 2 very influential people. Or looking to build a strong team to push for promotion.

Yes i understand and agree with the clubs policy of the academy and thus playing youngsters in the team, but will they ever get us promoted? Especially with the policy of selling them after 1/2 good seasons.

Will the board and club ever look to build a strong well balanced team to fight for promotion? Or will they just be negative and fight for survival every year in this league?

re: Negative move from board?

We need experience which Ellis and Phillips would have provided.

Interesting that apart from Toots, Ellis played more times than anyone else in a defence that conceeded over 80 goals.

If we keep all the current defenders, whats going to be different next season?

Where do people think the board are growing this money? The budget is the budget, stuff happens, that's football.

it will never change when Norman H is on the board

lets borrow money and give shares back instead

Yeah right - prob legal but to my mind it wont pay bills or pay players wages

until he loses control the club isnt gonna change

get him investigated - to my mind he isnt fit and proper (Thats my opinion)

we had different keepers at the start of the year and also different combinations of defence, they have to learn to play with each other. So i believe that defence, would be alot better next year as theyve all played together. Garratt Tootle Davis/Ray ellis guthrie.

Quote Originally Posted by Proggs
    Where do people think the board are growing this money? The budget is the budget, stuff happens, that's football.
    the board members/owners. either invest or sell their stake.

To who?

You write on here like you really do not understand CAFC - League 1 and punching well above our weight. The board does what it has to do to keep us financially solvent. Easy to sit on here and snipe bollards.

To who?

You write on here like you really do not understand CAFC - League 1 and punching well above our weight. The board does what it has to do to keep us financially solvent. Easy to sit on here and snipe bollards.
    I do understand Crewe, at i stated in the original post that i understand the clubs stance on the academy and the development of the youth.

surely you need a some balance of experience and youth in your team?

but what if other people could do better? or have access to more funds?

i can tell from your comment of thinking were punching above our weight in this league, that your happy with crewe being in league 2. is it wrong to want more from the club? for the club to show some ambition?

i understand about the wages, but if we release phillips and abdul, 2 top wage earners we could keep ellis?

To who?

The above has to be one of the most condescending posts ever!. We are not punching above weight. Why is it that someone who makes a few valid points (which are reflective of loads of people within Crewe) gets shot down. Bizarre.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast