+ Visit Wigan Athletic FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What has Whelan ever done..

re: What has Whelan ever done..

"Sell's our best players?" Nearly every team sell's their best players, United sold Ronaldo, Arsenal sold Van Persie it's the way of the world.

what do you want from football as an emotion? I don't get what you enjoy about it?

I want a laugh with my mates an afternoon out a couple of goals and go home happy or pissed off depending on result.

I don't want a lazy early 20s prima dona paid a fortune, mid season gets the hump falls out with manager...
    I don't want my kids heros to be millionare w4nker footballers I want their heros to be hard working players like Boyce and Jimmy Mac I don't want lazy f4cks like Powell or bullies like Rooney.

What about Boyce cost peanuts and as solid as a rock. All the Jimmy Macs cost peanuts.????
    Charles N'Zogbia did you not enjoy his fantastic playing time here? Peanuts in prem terms.

Get real please.

[quote="Captain_Methven" Nearly every team sell's their best players, United sold Ronaldo, Arsenal sold Van Persie it's the way of the world.[/quote]

Everton sold Rooney I hear he might do well at United

Quote Originally Posted by "twofootedchallenge" Nearly every team sell's their best players, United sold Ronaldo, Arsenal sold Van Persie it's the way of the world.[/quote

Everton sold Rooney I hear he might do well at United
    Message to all, not just Boyceeunderpants:-

We have to nurture players and sell for profit because we don't have enough income from ticket sales etc to survive.

I could say (but I won't because the usual suspects on here will be bouncing up and down about cost, work commitments, kiddies, wife pregnant, dog got worms blah blah blah), it's partly due to the many 'fans', especially on here, who just don't attend home games.

Whelan's an OAP with no real money in premier league terms. He's done more than anyone else would have done in putting us where we are with his own money and it's now up to the club to stand on it's own two feet. It's a business not a money la

The one thing I would say against Whelan as at the end of the day his word is final is youth, we havn't brought any young players through over the years apart from McManaman and Nicholls although only McManaman is a regular first teamer. I know we have to fight for young players with the likes of United, City, Liverpool etc but you'd think one or two quality young players would start here to get a foothold in football then move on to bigger things.

Quote Originally Posted by boyceeeunderrated
    lets see who he signs for next season and who he sells...
    Whelan just telephoned me sorry you've just be released by the club but as of yet Moaning b4stards Divided FC aren't looking for a player of your 'talents' [/quote][/quote]

But what do you bring to the forum? All you do is moan and call, bit like a cheap pro. I remember at the start of the season you mentioned 3 or 4 players but at one stage 3 of them were injured what would you have done then? You didn't answer then and doubt you will now apart from the usual digs and calling.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)