+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Chants

Chants

Been thinking for the last few weeks, I hear mixed views from fans on our 'group' chanting at games, I would just like to hear your views on here?

Do you think we do well on trying to create atmosphere or is it, and I quote from and older gene-rationed fan 'a waste if time' ?

re: Chants

You're doing a great day creating an atmosphere at both home & away matches folks . Keep it up next season and ignore the non believers

Totally agree. Wish all fans were like you guys! Keep up the great work.

I could be classed as one of the "Older Generation" and am in favour of the "Young Crew" and their "Singing/Chanting"

It adds some atmosphere and takes me back to my youth and undoubtedly the Players benefit from it

Quote Originally Posted by youngchants
    Been thinking for the last few weeks, I hear mixed views from fans on our 'group' chanting at games, I would just like to hear your views on here?

Do you think we do well on trying to create atmosphere or is it, and I quote from and older gene-rationed fan 'a waste if time' ?
    I have been following Queens for over 50 years and the support given to the team in recent years by the young 'uns has been fantastic and the players have responded. I see nothing wrong at all with the chants and songs. Long may it continue.

I would however like to see more banners - let 's get Palmy rockin again next season.;

Three cheers for the new "young team".
    Keep up the singing lads.

We've all been brought up with generations of chanting at Palmerston (or anyone else who follows a football team). There's no question it adds to the atmosphere, which enhances the enjoyment for those present, and helps sell the game to others who don't always go.

Its lack of atmosphere at some of the newer all seated stadiums that are part reason for the decline in our game, particularly some stadiums where over officious stewarding sometimes prevents paying customers from simply enjoying themselves. However get a good crowd in, turn up the volume to include chanting, and hopefully it fires up the players and even some of the more passive fans, and before you know it you may have a sense of occasion and a proper football match.

As long as common sense prevails I would always encourage chanting and singing. After all there is evidence that singing can often have a positive impact on a persons well being. If that inspires other fans to get behind the team, and the team to go on a

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)